Our valued sponsor

US bank closures after second passport citizenship by investment

Move it where? To another fake ID account? Of whom?
If they ask you to explain the reason of that transaction, how are you going to explain it?

It's not the same scenario. With your normal ID, you can walk into a bank to create an account. You'd always have a bank account with your normal ID. This account can always receive funds from a bank that closed your account.
No, does not work like that. Just look at certain restricted people or passportholders how this is working out.

How did they find out you've obtained a Dominica passport?
No idea!

First check your name is not listed in Refinitv World Check Database. It is is a database most FI's use to screen against PEPs.criminals and high risk persons. See my post below on what to do.
Thanks for this tip! I've submitted an inquiry to Refinitiv.

Good Afternoon, you will only be able to pass that passport outside the states and for offshore purposes in different countries, when you use it in the United States you will not be able to pass any kyc in banking institutions, normally bank security asks in this case to block or delete the account due to unusual activity or data disparity, that passport can be used by opening accounts in london, luxemburg offshore countries you can buy a trust with that passport and with that trust you make the investment, please do not use a passport in the United States since you are a citizen and it can cause you unnecessary problems
Sure, but I haven't used the passport to enter any countries yet. Nor used it in the US for any KYC purposes.

That is a violation of U.S. federal law. You must enter and exit the U.S. using a U.S. passport. That would definitely result in a U.S Global Entry system revocation. It can get revoked for far less.

No I haven't used the passport to enter or exit any country. I basically just received it in the mail and then accounts started getting closed.

Thanks all for the replies. To provide a bit more context, I obtained the Dominica passport because I'm in the cryptocurrency field and a US passport has gotten more and more restrictive for this line of work. By having any non-US passport, you can bypass those problems. The passport is only for use in KYC with cryptocurrency exchanges, not for actual entering / exiting foreign countries. By KYC'ing with crypto exchanges using a non-US passport, everything is easier.
Because I'm in the cryptocurrency space, there's always some possibilities these bank accounts were closed for that reason alone (most banks still hate crypto). But I think that's unlikely because (a) I strictly segregate the business and crypto activity from my personal accounts and (b) the timing is quite coincidental with having obtained the Dominica passport and then loss of Global Entry and account closure within a few months.
I have a colleague who recently obtained a Mexican passport as a second passport to his US passport. He also lost Global Entry, so I think that may be standard that you have to re-apply if you get a new nationality / passport. That seems reasonable. But he didn't have any bank account closures.

Last edited:
Reactions: name
About two weeks after I received the Dominica naturalization paperwork, the US border control revoked my Global Entry.
Why did DHS revoke your Global Entry?

You should have a letter viewable via your TTP account (<%= APP_TITLE %> and click LOG IN at the top). The letters are never generic, they detail what specific rule you broke. The most generic thing they indicate is they no longer can classify you as "low risk" but in every case I know of, an appeal reveals those details.

I have personally know of three people losing their status and each was because they "have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws (in any country)." I have traveled and heard second and third hand about others being revoked, and most all lost their "low risk" when they were difficult with TSA or CBP personnel and was labeled "uncooperative."

You should have a letter viewable via your TTP account (<%= APP_TITLE %> and click LOG IN at the top). The letters are never generic, they detail what specific rule you broke. The most generic thing they indicate is they no longer can classify you as "low risk" but in every case I know of, an appeal reveals those details.

I have personally know of three people losing their status and each was because they "have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws (in any country)." I have traveled and heard second and third hand about others being revoked, and most all lost their "low risk" when they were difficult with TSA or CBP personnel and was labeled "uncooperative."

The only reason provided is:
"do not meet program eligibility requirements".

It can be something as innocuous as inadvertently bringing in fruit from another country or failing to declare an item. They are strict because the program is based on trust. If you violate that trust, then you lose your privileges.

Reactions: Wyoming
It can be something as innocuous as inadvertently bringing in fruit from another country or failing to declare an item. They are strict because the program is based on trust. If you violate that trust, then you lose your privileges.
Sure, but this did not happen. I didn't have any incidents with customs, US or otherwise.

Thats what I want to know also ns2.

It sounds like your name has been put on some central blacklist for this all to happen so close together. Could be by accident or on purpose as your now considered high risk or of dubious character.

First check your name is not listed in Refinitv World Check Database. It is is a database most FI's use to screen against PEPs.criminals and high risk persons. See my post below on what to do.

I got a response from Refinitiv:

"We confirm that there are no reports on World-Check that match the information that you have supplied and we therefore do not hold any information on you within our database."

Reactions: Martin Everson
I have a colleague who recently obtained a Mexican passport as a second passport to his US passport. He also lost Global Entry, so I think that may be standard that you have to re-apply if you get a new nationality / passport. That seems reasonable. But he didn't have any bank account closures.

Sounds logical.

I got a response from Refinitiv:

"We confirm that there are no reports on World-Check that match the information that you have supplied and we therefore do not hold any information on you within our database."

Congrats thu&¤#.

The only reason provided is:
"do not meet program eligibility requirements".
Appeal your Global Entry revocation.

100% correct. The three I personally know lost theirs for the following reasons:
1. Banana given by flight attendant mid-flight, placed in backpack, forgotten, undeclared in Australia.
2. Inaccurate valuation on purchases abroad brought into USA (although both estimate and actual valuation was less than $400 personal exemption).
3. Speeding 31+ Km/Hr above speed limit on Canada highway.

I have heard that not even arguing but just being difficult with CBP/TSA is enough to lose it but not personal experience with it.

Last edited:
The US know everything.
Sad but totally right. The NSA have their proboscis deep down in the main wires of the Internet. And then they have all kinds of equipment at their disposal to intercept this kind of information.

"Although Austrians generally aren’t allowed dual citizenship, #Marsalek held at least eight passports, including diplomatic cover from the tiny Caribbean nation of Grenada."

Reactions: daxbr

Latest Threads