Our valued sponsor

US LLC, limited liabillitly without EIN

nethostler

Oct 15, 2019
Visit site
After reading several users facing 2-3 month delays in getting their EIN's. My question is; would my newly incorporated LLC (Wyoming, Delaware etc) enjoy the protection of limited liability even if I was waiting to receive an EIN number?

Allowing me to establish a web presence, and generate leads before going into "proper business" with a US bank account once the EIN has been issued.

I agree with fshore. There is no connection between liability and EIN. But you have to structure your LLC properly. LLC with a sole member can be considered to be the same as sole proprietor and it does not have to work in some cases. The best way how to have a real limited liability is when you have at least 2 members in LLC. If there are at least 2 members, LLC is considered like limited partnership.

Reactions: nethostler
I agree with fshore. There is no connection between liability and EIN. But you have to structure your LLC properly. LLC with a sole member can be considered to be the same as sole proprietor and it does not have to work in some cases. The best way how to have a real limited liability is when you have at least 2 members in LLC. If there are at least 2 members, LLC is considered like limited partnership.
Thanks, the need for 2 members wasn't something I was aware of. I'll have to look into it

As long as you don't start mixing your bank account with the finances of your LLC then you will be OK but as long aa you get the EIN get a bank for it.

Also if you care about the liability, create an operating agreement and get yourself a share and a stamp with the name of your company. Lot of people say this isn't necessary and it's true but it helps to separate the liability when we are single owners

Reactions: nethostler
As long as you don't start mixing your bank account with the finances of your LLC then you will be OK but as long aa you get the EIN get a bank for it.

Also if you care about the liability, create an operating agreement and get yourself a share and a stamp with the name of your company. Lot of people say this isn't necessary and it's true but it helps to separate the liability when we are single owners
Thanks, that's good to know. None of those "extras" look too demanding

Latest Threads