Our valued sponsor

Use "old" European Bank account for "new" UAE structure?

zyzl

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
I have a new company formation with visa and residency in the UAE and wanted to open up a bank account in 5 days because of my flight schedule.
It seems to be not possible because many are suspicous about the origin of the funds even when I present bank statements. One bank is fine but needs more days to process this.
A rejection from a bank never happend to me before.

So I'm thinking... if I live here in the UAE for more than 6 month minimum, I should be taxable here in the UAE and who cares if I still use my european bank accounts.
Correct? Or can the government of my nationality tell me I'm taxable there because I use the bank accounts there?

I have a new company formation with visa and residency in the UAE and wanted to open up a bank account in 5 days because of my flight schedule.
It seems to be not possible because many are suspicous about the origin of the funds even when I present bank statements. One bank is fine but needs more days to process this.
A rejection from a bank never happend to me before.

So I'm thinking... if I live here in the UAE for more than 6 month minimum, I should be taxable here in the UAE and who cares if I still use my european bank accounts.
Correct? Or can the government of my nationality tell me I'm taxable there because I use the bank accounts there?
You should be able to open a bank account in your personal name. That will begin the relationship between you and them. Otherwise go for a LIV, Neo or E20 digital bank account.

Reactions: troubled soul
Otherwise go for a LIV, Neo or E20 digital bank account.
Thank you for this advice. I will try one of those. RAK Bank is asking for 6 months bank statement of my european bank, I think that is a bit much isn't it?

I think it's because I have a Free Zone Establishment.
The customer service employees particulary at HSBC were really rude and staight lied at my face about the flimsiest reasons why they couldn't help me. I was kind of shocked.

Thank you for this advice. I will try one of those. RAK Bank is asking for 6 months bank statement of my european bank, I think that is a bit much isn't it?

I think it's because I have a Free Zone Establishment.
The customer service employees particulary at HSBC were really rude and staight lied at my face about the flimsiest reasons why they couldn't help me. I was kind of shocked.
That's just the beginning, get ready for more questions and a lot more documents.

Latest Threads