Our valued sponsor

Using my brother's Stripe to receive my earnings.

zubz92

Jan 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello!

I'll be really grateful if someone can answer my question.

I want to use Stripe account. I just want to connect it with some Blogging websites that pay writers through Stripe, like substack But I am in a Stripe unsupported country. My brother however is in Canada which is Stripe supported country. With his consent, can I use my brother's Stripe account to receive earnings in his bank account and he then transfers to my bank account? Will he have to pay any taxes or report these earnings?

Thank you.

Hello!

I'll be really grateful if someone can answer my question.

I want to use Stripe account. I just want to connect it with some Blogging websites that pay writers through Stripe, like substack But I am in a Stripe unsupported country. My brother however is in Canada which is Stripe supported country. With his consent, can I use my brother's Stripe account to receive earnings in his bank account and he then transfers to my bank account? Will he have to pay any taxes or report these earnings?

Thank you.
Your brother will probably have to open a business that is like agency:
he is curating your professional work and taking some % of it as fee, pays taxes on it in Canada and sends you from his business bank account the remaining funds as your personal earnings.

Your brother will probably have to open a business that is like agency:
he is curating your professional work and taking some % of it as fee, pays taxes on it in Canada and sends you from his business bank account the remaining funds as your personal earnings.
He must earn something (at industry level), otherwise your structure can be challenged by Canadian tax authorities

ahh... I thought it would be simpler to just let my brother do the money matters for me.

Thank you very much for the information :)
Card scheme is very strict industry. Merchant account companies like Stripe are always at risk when they allow someone to accept money through their gateway. So if you want to avoid your money blocked somewhere or your brother be chased by Canadian tax authorities you will need legit setup

Reactions: zubz92

Latest Threads