W9/W8 for an offshore (disregarded) LLC

Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more
CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.

ronkal

Hello,
A friend of mine has a Florida LLC, as a 'disregarded' entity as he doesn't have any ties to the US.
He started working with a US Inc. (Delaware based) and was asked to fill a W-9 Form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification)
The form doesn't look suitable to me, and I found form W-8BEN which looks suitable for the above situation,
Can anybody confirm? Any other ideas?
This is important as there is a pretty high withholding tax in the US.

Thanks

Don

Hello,
A friend of mine has a Florida LLC, as a 'disregarded' entity as he doesn't have any ties to the US.
He started working with a US Inc. (Delaware based) and was asked to fill a W-9 Form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification)
The form doesn't look suitable to me, and I found form W-8BEN which looks suitable for the above situation,

Thanks
Where is he based?
For U.S.-based multinationals, it is recommended to work closely with the tax advisors to evaluate anti-hybrid legislation within their global structure, and in some cases analyze restructuring alternatives to avoid costly outcomes.

ronkal

Based in Panama (Tax resident there)
Which tax advisors? what do you mean by "costly outcomes"?

Au999

In situations similar this I don't believe any of the w9 or Ben forms are required - instead you self certify as having no US operations, basically give them a signed PDF or similar saying you're a foreign owned LLC / disregarded entity with no US operations. Quite common for affiliates.

Here's an example self certificate about not having any us operations for as us LLC being run offshore:

Certification and signature of Publisher or a duly authorized representative of Publisher

Publisher represents and warrants that it does not have any employees or equipment located in the United States ("U.S. Activities") that are involved in any way with the revenue that has been or will be earned by Publisher pursuant to the Commission Junction Affiliate Marketing program. U.S. Activities include, but are not limited to, owning a web server or owning a hosting service in the U.S., or having employees in the U.S. who are involved in either:

Signature *|________________________________________|
Typing in your name acts as your signature.

* Required fields

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks
I have a similar situation. Which path did you choose? Did you fill the W8?