Our valued sponsor

What are some territorial or no tax countries that don't require your physical presence to maintain residency?

.EE give you e-residence online. For confirmations and documents you must go to embassy, but they don't require phisycal presence in .EE.
There is a great tax policy for .EE companies, also you can transfer money to offshore bank accounts.

If you want maintain residency using not legal way you can do it much easier. Alot of offers are available on TOR markets.

.EE give you e-residence online. For confirmations and documents you must go to embassy, but they don't require phisycal presence in .EE.
There is a great tax policy for .EE companies, also you can transfer money to offshore bank accounts.

If you want maintain residency using not legal way you can do it much easier. Alot of offers are available on TOR markets.

Can you give your e-residency address to banks for your personal accounts in various countries?

How risky is to maintain residency using not legal ways? What do you mean by not legal ways? I have 0 idea :)

What are some territorial or no tax countries that don't require your physical presence to maintain residency?
I don't know any country that doesn't require physical presence.

I know come countries like Cyprus that you need to be at least 2 months per year.

Hong Kong once you got the HKID and a local address, you only need to visit it once every 6 months to keep the legal residency

Depending of your purpose, ID residency it's not suficient. You need also, a TIN (ID tax number), and utility bill.
And posibly a renting agreement for one year and a local phone number. But for exemple, for a bank, the most important is that you can prove your tax residency, and you will get that with your ID tax number only. From this moment, the bank will comunicate througt CRS your infos at the country that you got your TIN. And evydently if you get a Tax certificate, it will be the maximum goal. In Cyprus you can get it after 2 months living there. Not necessary that the 60 days are continue on one stage. You can do it in diferents stays. For exemple 2 weeks now + 2 weeks in march + 2 weeks in july + 2weeks in octuber. You need to proove that you was spending 60 days in a calendar year. Cyprus is nor Shengen so your entries on the island are registred and when you go out exactely the same. This way you will get the precious tax certificate. In other countries this certicificate is very dificult to get it if you don't prove that you really spend more that 183 days in the country. For that Cyprus is the easyest country. But the tax certificate it will be usefull only to get to prove to your actual country that you are not more taxable resident. Only for that.
For bank purpose, with the TIN it will be suficient to avoid the transparency

There must be work-arounds. Here is one I invented:

1. Sign a lease for an apartment in Georgia. $70/mo (assuming you find a local). Arrange utilities $30/mo.
2. Get a cat
4. Have the neighbors take care of the cat, $50/mo or free
5. Create an instagram for your cat
6. Have the neighbors send you videos of your cat in/near your apartment and you keep updating your profile over the years
7. After you set that up, leave Georgia with car without using your passport at the check point, and then fly wherever you want.
8. Spend 5 months in Ireland, then 2 months in Asia, then 7 months in Mexico, then 2 months in US, or 5 years in a country. For the country where you spend 5 years, as long as you pay taxes to that country for the money you take out there, and as long as all your banks in the world have the residency information of Georgia, then you don't get taxed on all your income.

Use lease agreement, utility bills, local bank statements, your cat's instagram as proof that you're a resident there if any country/bank in the world asks you. (Except the country where you stayed for 5 years)

As far as Georgia is concerned, you're a resident there. US won't give them your bank info details. Even if they did, it is a territorial tax country.

This assumes Georgia isn't committed to checking where you are in the world. Why would they do that? Unless someone reports you with proof. Who would want to report? Countries who want your money, e.g that country where you stayed for 5 years. How would they know your residency is in Georgia, if you don't tell them? They'd get the info from US (?) Then they'd be like "you are not actually a resident of Georgia but you paid taxes here on the money you take out here so we are good." or, would they be like "We'll report you to the US for giving them false residency info and we'll tax you on everything". I don't think they'd do that. Would they?

Last edited:
What could be other workarounds? Come on guys there must be some legal ways to do this like the one I said above :)
I can maybe help you if I don't need to increase the brightness of my screen to read you

Reactions: John Andrews
If some country was handing out tax residency with zero presence, I doubt other countries would recognize their tax residency as real.

- Aside from the black text above, I've read Georgian Republic's tax residency for HNWI is rather flexible, but I haven't seen any concrete requirement stated anywhere. I am considering that route for myself now, but would prefer not to pay Novasigma 6,500 € for this service.

- Passive residency (not a tax residency) in Andorra is 3 months. They require 6 months for tax residency, but they do not keep track on comings and goings. So in practice, by having one's 'center of life' there, and not staying in any other country longer than 180 days/year, could be enough. Andorra is not territorial, but they don't tax capital gains.

- Panama could be your closest bet.

Last edited:
(I'm reposting because for some reason earlier comment was black and unreadable. I can't edit it now)

There must be work-arounds. Here is one I invented:

1. Sign a lease for an apartment in Georgia. $70/mo (assuming you find a local). Arrange utilities $30/mo.
2. Get a cat
4. Have the neighbors take care of the cat, $50/mo or free
5. Create an instagram for your cat
6. Have the neighbors send you videos of your cat in/near your apartment and you keep updating your profile over the years
7. After you set that up, leave Georgia with car without using your passport at the check point, and then fly wherever you want.
8. Spend 5 months in Ireland, then 2 months in Asia, then 7 months in Mexico, then 2 months in US, or 5 years in a country. For the country where you spend 5 years, as long as you pay taxes to that country for the money you take out there, and as long as all your banks in the world have the residency information of Georgia, then you don't get taxed on all your income.

Use lease agreement, utility bills, local bank statements, your cat's instagram as proof that you're a resident there if any country/bank in the world asks you. (Except the country where you stayed for 5 years)

As far as Georgia is concerned, you're a resident there. US won't give them your bank info details. Even if they did, it is a territorial tax country.

This assumes Georgia isn't committed to checking where you are in the world. Why would they do that? Unless someone reports you with proof. Who would want to report? Countries who want your money, e.g that country where you stayed for 5 years. How would they know your residency is in Georgia, if you don't tell them? They'd get the info from US (?) Then they'd be like "you are not actually a resident of Georgia but you paid taxes here on the money you take out here so we are good." or, would they be like "We'll report you to the US for giving them false residency info and we'll tax you on everything". I don't think they'd do that. Would they?

What could be other workarounds? Come on guys there must be some legal ways to do this like the one I said above :)

Even if you get TIN in Cyprus after staying 2 months, you will have to proove to your local tax agent that most time per year you are staying elsewhere. Otherwise you will get taxed locally anyway.
To prove to your tax agent, you need not a TIN. You need a tax certificate (is very different). And evidently you need to proove that your life center is not in your country. If you say that you live in Cyprus you can't be credible if your wife and your childs are living in other country. You must to be consequent with many aspects of your life to be credible. No car and no home at your name, etc..
But for bank purpose the TIN, yellow slip, rent agreement, utility bill and local phone number can be sufficient in most countries

To prove to your tax agent, you need not a TIN. You need a tax certificate (is very different). And evidently you need to proove that your life center is not in your country. If you say that you live in Cyprus you can't be credible if your wife and your childs are living in other country. You must to be consequent with many aspects of your life to be credible. No car and no home at your name, etc..
But for bank purpose the TIN, yellow slip, rent agreement, utility bill and local phone number can be sufficient in most countries

Exactly.

Gibraltar if you are self sufficient and have north of £2m in savings you can have Category 2 residency with no physical presence required. Just pay £22,000 a year. If your poor it is not for you my friend.

"There is no minimum stay in Gibraltar for a Category 2 resident individual, therefore as long as the individual fulfills all of the above conditions he will retain his Gibraltar residency without the need to spend any time in Gibraltar."

...Category 2 residency with no physical presence required. Just pay £22,000 a year. If your poor it is not for you my friend.

To the above figure one must add the obligatory cost of owning/renting an apartment (+ health insurance). Even a tiny doghouse studio costs close to £1,000/month, so the real minimum cost of "a residency with no physical presence" is more like £33-36K/year.

Still, quite an interesting option even for semi-poor people like me. At 10% tax for bitcoin profits, one could pull out £220K/year essentially for free. Other capital gains at zero tax.

Latest Threads