Our valued sponsor

What are the review of Mauritius for moving for tax purpose as no tax if not remit here?

Oceania is an alternative. Unfortunately not much real estate available in the best places and some restrictions to free holding.
for people with European ties it's kind of difficult practically speaking...
also the approach of most nation states in the area to handling that covid bulls**t isn't a good sign - however to be fair this is something where basically 95% of the governments failed

Reactions: troubled soul
for people with European ties it's kind of difficult practically speaking...
also the approach of most nation states in the area to handling that covid bulls**t isn't a good sign - however to be fair this is something where basically 95% of the governments failed
French Polynesia might be a good option. Yes it’s far from Europe, but also from wars.

French Polynesia might be a good option. Yes it’s far from Europe, but also from wars.
Reunion is kind of similar to the main two islands of FP and much much more accessible - the (probably significant) difference is that Reunion is part of Schengen and France (European Union) while FP has a bit different status as a French overseas territory in regards to taxation, visas etc. - however I'm not familiar with the details here
I love Reunion in many ways and don't want to sound too picky but any relation to France is a big minus ;)

Because Dubai is an Islamic dictatorship in the desert, built by slaves, run by psychos, completely fake, with a horrible climate, a hub for money laundering, drug and arms trafficking.
Yes, but you can have 15% residence even in some countries in continental EU or Malta / Cyprus with exemptions.
For 15% there are many alternatives

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
I am not such an extremist but I don’t oppose zero taxation. However, money should come in from somewhere if you want to have some sort of rules and infrastructure, and indirect taxation can be annoying.
infractsructur existed already in the beginning of 20th century.Germans charged at that date 0.6% tax on their citizens and way more on coprs.Today its the opposite

come on guys, we are way off-topic - surely we can open a thread about the power of market, subjective preferences and utility functions - short version... no, we really don't need nation states and governments ;)

Currently sitting on the beach in Mauritius….

Been here as a family for 3 months, as low tax countries go you can do a lot worse!

3% combined effective tax rate possible with the right structure.

Yes, food an imported goods are expensive (100% duty on cars), wine is very expensive.

Quality of life is good but it is not first world Euro standard, it’s also not Thailand.. A mix of 3rd world ramshackle combined with modern shops abs restaurants all living side by side.

Will we stay… Probably not, the family still want a bit for 1st world living…

Seriously considering a move to South Africa (crazy I k ow when everyone else is leaving)…

There’s a little known tax regime in SA called the International Headquarted Company regime. Essentially you can set up a hold Co with no CFC rules and group profits can be distributed tax free.

Whilst SA does have security issues, if you are living in the best areas of Cape Town those issues can be managed. No where else in the world can you get more 1st world ‘bang for buck’ lifestyle than SA right now. But only plan to rent, keep all cash / assets out of SA…

Not crypto friendly at all.
It is also quite hard to get this passport again in real life. Similar to the Panama passport of the friendly nations visa. Hard to get without special ingredient.
Also its very remote.
Open a company showing you have $350k invested in it and you get your passport in 2 years.$500k are old numbers.
Or live 5 years in Mauritius and get it anyways.
It's better to know some people there who have good contacts.
They recommend to do a charity party which opens a lot of doors.

Their passport is awesome based on visa free travels
Also they have Nom Dom rules like cyprus which makes it very attractive.

Mauritius was a crypto hub but they changed it and its now not legal without any license.

The only negative i saw during last years was the nearly total closure of mauritius because of C and the mass testing and higher flight costs than to dubai

Last edited:

Latest Threads