Our valued sponsor

What are the tax havens around, beside Seychelles, Belize and Panama?

Welcome sonato, thank you for your summary. I read that the Seychelles Commits to Co-operate with OECD on Eliminating Harmful Tax Practices, what does that mean for our privacy there and for the information that one has to provide in order to register a Seychelles company?

source: Seychelles Commits to Co-operate with OECD on Eliminating Harmful Tax Practices

According to this /forum/f5/seychelles-tieas-oecd-official-list-11828/ the Seychelles so far won the battle, but it can't be true that they are the only tax haven left who made it, any other input would be appreciated?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have a new possibility.

Ras Al Khaimah, which is one of the emirates of the United Arab Emirates.

You can set up an IBC in 2-3 days once they have the documentation.

The area is politically stable. The currency (dirahm) is pegged to the USD at 3.65.

Can get a business bank account through the major banks.

No corporation tax

No income tax

No VAT

Full repatriation of profits.

Winner of top location in the Middle East for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) 2010

Easy travel connections via Abu Dhabi, Dubai. New airline/Airport to be a launched in RAK shortly.

Extremely secure and private.

Hope that helps. I can answer any questions.

The other day I spoke with one of my business partners who obviously wasn't aware of any of the possibilities a tax haven offers, I told him about the Seychelles and Belize, for the Seychelles his comment were it is a Pirate Island ( lol ) Belize he told me that he don't trust since it is close to Mexico which had a huge business for Heroin involving the Drug Marf, so he heard of Panama where he had spoken with a legal advisor about for a few years ago now he sticked with the UK where he incorporated one of the popular 1 pound corporation which obvious are not Offshore... I told him about the many possibilities I had with my Offshore corp. now he is looking into BVI, Panama, Stk. Kitts and a few others.

It looks like many of the offshore tax havens around have been signing one TIEA after another, how does it affect the particular jurisdiction, will it be safe in the future to go offshore if the purpose is to hide from tax authorities, will it be safe as a asset protection vehicle ?

drillbill said:
It looks like many of the offshore tax havens around have been signing one TIEA after another, how does it affect the particular jurisdiction, will it be safe in the future to go offshore if the purpose is to hide from tax authorities, will it be safe as a asset protection vehicle ?
Indeed, you will always find new oportunities to go offshore regardless whatever they do or turn the world on the head.

It does seem to be a key point that most offshore tax havens have been forced to sign TIEA agreements, so how can you chose one? In the UAE the IBC centre refuses to discuss with anyone externally concerning offshore companies. The only way they would reply to a request is if it was through the ruler's court in RAK, and that would require a very long and laborious process in Arabic. Proof has to be given for a crime, and tax evasion is not a crime in the UAE.

The UAE is not a member of the OECD (organisation for economic co-operation and development), and is not on any blacklist. The UAE is not dependent upon any other country i.e. a protectorate etc. The RAK offshore facility will refuse any request for information from an external party and they are owned by the government. RAK is a real economy and does not depend upon creating offshore companies for its main business. In 4 years they have created over 3,500 IBCs there.

Some good advice would be to search here on the forum /forum/search.php?searchid=486678 or use google to see who have signed any TIEA, DTA and other information exchange agreements.

Dubai is a fantastic country if you want to move to there to enter into any business activity.

Last edited:
Well you have not mentioned Guatemala, still a tax heaven. Taxes are rather high in Guatemala. But the system of taxation is based on the territoriality principle, which means that none offshore income is chargeable with tax in Guatemala. Companies are subject to income tax only on their Guatemala source income. This rule equally refers to capital gains and distribution of dividends.

Regular monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting is to be submitted to the local tax authorities. At the same time, offshore bank accounts of Guatemalan companies are not subject to local reporting.

Also here I found it very useful what already has been posted but want to make some comments too.....
There may be salvation from being plucked by the greedy hand of state, and it comes in the shape of tax competition. Tax competition is when state regimes pursue an approach of lowering taxes with the desire to urge the flow of investments into their country or to make sure that monetary resources don't leave from their jurisdiction. If you've got a business or you are merely a regular employee in a high-tax country, you can certainly save some money by paying less tax or occasionally none whatsoever by exploiting so called tax havens.

Tax refuge is outlined by wikipedia as the existence of a composite tax structure established intentionally to use, and exploit, an international requirement for opportunities to take part in tax avoidance. put simply tax havens are places where foreigners can house their assets, do business and pay little taxes. First I should put out a proviso to those who are thinking, hey this is great, I am able to just move all my business dealings to a tax refuge country and I'm able to avoid being taxed by my regime.

Not so fast! It is not quite that easy to simple for some individuals to circumvent the long reach of the tax man If as an example you are living in a land that levies taxes on worldwide earnings then a ton of what I'm going to introduce to you in this post isn't going to be of that much use to you ; at least not on a private tax level.

Even if you want to run an offshore business you may run into unpleasant anti controlled foreign concern ( CFC ) laws. 2 countries that quickly come to my mind which tax the global revenue of their voters and firms are : the US & Canada. Most states evaluate taxes based mostly on residency, not citizenship. For Americans there isn't any escaping the long arm of the IRS.

If you live in any of those nations I bet I haven't got to tell you why it could be a great idea take a look into some legal method of assuaging your tax burden.

Maybe looking into tax havens is good for you. It actually depends on your unique circumstances and finance wants and goals. You must definitely talk with a tax expert as well as a pro in the offshore finance arena before you embark on this journey. your journey a touch less complicated by doing a little bit of research for you. I'm going to go thru a listing of well-liked tax refuge states and outline the benefits and disadvantages. This should at least give you a little bit of a direction as to where you want to focus your research on. Yes, I am doing advocate that you do some in-depth research before you even seriously consider attempting to outwit the tax man.

For the sake of abruptness I cannot review each tax sanctuary in the world, so instead I'll concentrate on some of the more preferred ones. I'm going to avoid tax havens states that have so called sold out and given into too much into the pressures of the high-tax states to limit you privacy and financial liberty. So without further ado, here are the nations in all of their tax free glory.

Belize Pros :

• No tax on worldwide earned earnings for IBC
  • the sole English-speaking country in South America
  • reasonable IBC incorporation charges : Approximately EUR 995 to include with continuing costs of about EUR 900 a year.
  • just one Investor is necessary. There's no official record of the Stockholder.

IBCs need just one Director who might be an establishment, and needn't be resident in the country. Conferences of Stockholders and / or Directors may be held in any country, at any point and they may attend conferences by stand in. No need to file accounts or to have accounts checked. Public filing restricted to certificate of incorporation, memo and articles of organisation, registered office and name and address of registered agent

CONS: Untrustworthy electricity as well as phone and net services. This wouldn't be to much of a difficulty if all that you need is an IBC. However if you plan to open a checking account in Belize I could definitely see this becoming quite a pain.

• Rather debatable political stability. They'd a regime change lately and the new regime didn't respect commercial citizenships and passports of the prior regime.
  • This is unquestionably not something you would like to hear. it is yet to be seen how things will turn out.

Seychelles

Seychelles Pros :

• An International Company is exempted from local taxation
  • there's no duty to file financial statements, but a company must keep records to reflect its fiscal position.
  • A Seychelles IBC needn't designate a company secretary, while it is traditional to do so.

The secretary might be a natural person or body company, be of any nationality and needn't be resident in the Seychelles. Also the minimum number of stockholders is one four ) Same day incorporation. Five ) There are no exchange controls. Six ) Bearer share companies are available. Cons :

• Seychelles IBCs are routinely incorporated with an authorized share capital of US five thousand with par value. This being the maximum for the minimum licence costs. The authorized share capital might be voiced in any currency. The minimum issued capital is either one share of no par price or one share of par value.
  • Seychelles Tax Info Sharing Agreements they're concerned in some 20 such agreements. They'll exchange info in criminal matter in relation to cash including those associated with taxation, customs duty or trade price list. This doesn't talk to well for those engaged with privacy.
  • Moderately poor IT and telecomms services.
This should be made a topic, very good written !!

It does seem to be a key point that most offshore tax havens have been forced to sign TIEA agreements' date=' so how can you chose one? In the UAE the IBC centre refuses to discuss with anyone externally concerning offshore companies. The only way they would reply to a request is if it was through the ruler's court in RAK, and that would require a very long and laborious process in Arabic. Proof has to be given for a crime, and tax evasion is not a crime in the UAE.[/quote']
sorry to open this old thread again, just fun to comment on it 5 years later now while everything has changed. TIEA's are a fact and it got even worse we have Automatic Exchange of Tax information to more than 80 countries!

Latest Threads