Our valued sponsor

What bank should I choose?

mbhemming

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I have left my home country (Canada) about 1.5 years ago. When I left, my accountant said I need to cut ties to Canada. This includes the use of my bank account to conduct business.

I recently started a business. Between me and my business partner, we will be making 20K USD per month, starting in June.

I need to get a bank account that will function as our business account and it must be outside of Canada.

Requirements
-I must be able to open this account without being physically present (I'm stuck in Colombia during quarantine)
-I'm able to conduct all activities without a physical presence in the country that the bank is in
-When I call for customer service, there are English speaking workers
-I must be able to get a debit card that works as both debit and Visa Debit
-The bank account isn't under my name. It's under the name of our company(and the company isn't incorporated anywhere yet)

I'm looking for suggestions on how to solve the problem and meet the requirements.

Thanks,

Matt

Reactions: JohnLocke
-The bank account isn't under my name. It's under the name of our company(and the company isn't incorporated anywhere yet)

Where will your company be incorporated then?
Where are you officially resident or will be resident?

Company jurisdiction and your residency will play a huge part in business account opening.

Reactions: JohnLocke
The questions already asked here are very valid and need to be answered in order for anyone to be able to suggest a valid solution.

The questions already asked here are very valid and need to be answered in order for anyone to be able to suggest a valid solution.

The questions are valid but the OP doesn't seem to know exactly what he needs.

OP, in order to address all of your questions, you need to provide more specific details. Where do you plan to carry out your business? Are you looking for an offshore solution/tax exemption or tax reduction?

-I must be able to open this account without being physically present (I'm stuck in Colombia during quarantine)
Many banks will offer to open your account without being physically present.

-I'm able to conduct all activities without a physical presence in the country that the bank is in
Which activities? If you are talking about sending/receiving and performing transfer-related activities, then banks do offer internet banking (That seems to be obvious? :lol:)

-When I call for customer service, there are English speaking workers
Most of the banks those offer service to international clients will have supporters who can communicate with clients in major languages. (they aren't workers :lol:)

-I must be able to get a debit card that works as both debit and Visa Debit
What's the difference between "debit" and "Visa Debit"?

Please expect a long waiting period until your account is opened. It's not easy unfortunately. You might want to register for a company and register a business account with a reliable EMI for your turnover amount.

Latest Threads