Our valued sponsor

What crypto currency exchange is the best from the below?

Please vote for the best and most reliable crypto exchange service here!

• Bitstamp

• Kraken

• Bitfinex

• Poloniex

• Other! if so, which one, please comment below!

Results are only viewable after voting.

diablo

Pro Member
Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I want to know what is the best crypto currency Exchange around, cheapest and most reliable?

It don't has to be the chepeast but preferrable, I walso want to know the most reliable Exchange service, some which don't hold the crypto for ages before they Exchange them into real Money or the opposite!

Reactions: extremedox101
most reliable exchange is coinbase (not my opinion ) i don't have much experience with most of them .
but i know it does not work from every location .

" some which don't hold the crypto for ages before they Exchange them into real Money or the opposite!"

as for this stay away for bitstamp and kraken , poloniex isn't really good now .

check bittrex but i cant recommend without trying it

Reactions: negon
The problem with most exchanges are the verifications needed, which can be achieved through darks I suppose. But I find all exchanges have high fees compared to localbitcoins. Buying BTC through OTC is said to be private, but I really don't know and still finding how to buy large vols of btc.

Reactions: negon
I have accounts with all the above four exchanges, but nowadays trade almost exclusively at Bitfinex.

- If you are in the eurozone, Kraken and Bitstamp have SEPA transfers, and those are almost free. I have not used Bitstamp's SEPA withdrawal, but Kraken's SEPA works like magic if you are fully KYC'd. Some people do some shady stuff, accepting payment in cryptos. Then they send the cryptos to exchanges and expect to be able to withdraw fiat without problems. This is 2018 and things don't work like that anymore, if they ever did

- So, if you need to witdraw euros, I suggest Kraken. If your preferred currency is USD, perhaps Bitfinex

- Bitfinex, in my opinion, has the best user interface and liquidity

- If you do not withdraw fiat money, you can trade with some volume without KYC in at least Bitfinex and Poloniex. (At least it was like that before, I haven't checked lately)

- All of the exchanges are subject to hacking, so don't keep your cryptos there

- Fees aren't that high. The market maker fee is typically 0.1% (or less with bigger volume). Taker fees are typically 0.2%. Considering the volatility in cryptos, this isn't that much

- Of these four exchanges, Bitfinex has tried to remain most 'offshore friendly'. They have KYC/AML team, so no shady stuff allowed, but in my experience they are reasonable

- If you are a U.S. citizen and/or resident, forget all of the above. Due to FATCA etc, not all exchanges accept U.S. citizens as customers.

The problem with most exchanges are the verifications needed, which can be achieved through darks I suppose. But I find all exchanges have high fees compared to localbitcoins. Buying BTC through OTC is said to be private, but I really don't know and still finding how to buy large vols of btc.
What do you mean exactly by saying OTC is private? Any OTC will ask at least for passport and proof of residence. Btw, some exchanges also offer OTC services (Bitfinex and Kraken), but they are quite strange (like, for example, only one guy is like in charge of all Bitfinex OTC trade, imagine how responsive he is), there are much better specifically OTC-oriented services, for example in Hong Kong

I found it very surprising that there is no Coinbase or Binance, which are two of the very BEST options. My preference is Binance followed by Coinbase. However, IF one really wants to go into stats as per why, then try checking this 9+ Cryptocurrency Statistics - Cryptolinks - The World's Best Cryptocurrency Sites List! - These are primarily for exchanges, so even if one goes according to that then too Coinbase leads followed by Binance. I am sure majority here too will agree with that.

you still do that or you shifted over to something else?
Nowadays I just hold, mostly because of tax reasons. Bitfinex has some extra risk to it, due to their legal issues with the U.S. authorities. Also, the fact that central banks are about to issue their own digital dollars/euros etc., may increase the risk to stablecoins (Bitfinex has close connections to the stablecoin Tether).

If I started trading again, I would just choose a reliable exchange with reasonable costs (Kraken perhaps), and connect to their API with a professional trading interface (MetaTrader 4 etc).

Reactions: Novice

Latest Threads