Our valued sponsor

What do you think about Vanuatu Citizenship?

The citizenship of politicians or in fact any citizen’s can be also taken away if they commit the same crime? I have no knowledge about Vanuatu having any special rule for the economic investors…
Citizenship obtained via a CIP can easily be revoked, and it is happening all over the world. Let’s say it: it is not a “real” citizenship.

If true, then the program does have serious problems: "the granting of citizenship to applicants listed in Interpol databases." Interpol shares data on crimes and criminals, so this is no small matter.
Citizenship obtained via a CIP can easily be revoked, and it is happening all over the world. Let’s say it: it is not a “real” citizenship.
Cyprus tried to revoke them, all of them are going to the courts. If not in Cyrus then in the EU courts. But of course if you do not trust the law at all then it is hard to do business in any fields

Cyprus tried to revoke them, all of them are going to the courts. If not in Cyrus then in the EU courts. But of course if you do not trust the law at all then it is hard to do business in any fields

You should use the law to your advantage, not based on “trust” and on the hope that it will solve your problems. Do you really trust lawmakers? Unfortunately we don’t live in a fairytale.

I have been in this business since 1997, so probably my knowledge is not that bad. Can you name which country you think offers much better options? Options in what sense? Property investment? Biggest ripoff...
Vanuatu citizens just lost visa-free travel to the EU, so any of the Caribbean options will be better for travel. They all cost roughly $100k to $150k, plus some government fees. So, Vanuatu is no longer competitive at $130k, unless there is a special reason that you require a citizenship in a country located near Asia.

That is what I meant.

Vanuatu citizens just lost visa-free travel to the EU, so any of the Caribbean options will be better for travel. They all cost roughly $100k to $150k, plus some government fees. So, Vanuatu is no longer competitive at $130k, unless there is a special reason that you require a citizenship in a country located near Asia.

That is what I meant.

Visa-free travel will be lifted in the 2 months, so Vanuatu citizens did not lose their rights. They might lose it in 8 weeks, but negotiations with the commission are going well

Reactions: KDX
Usual BS from idiot journalists. You can change your name easily in any common law jurisdiction by way of deed poll.
I am not a journalist… Especially because of the same reason Vanuatu will make it very hard to change a name, all the 5 Caribbean countries offering citizenship made it much harder to have a deed poll which on average takes 2 years

I am not a journalist… Especially because of the same reason Vanuatu will make it very hard to change a name, all the 5 Caribbean countries offering citizenship made it much harder to have a deed poll which on average takes 2 years
On a related topic, even Saint Kitts and Nevis was forced to add "place of birth" to its passport to retain its status as an acceptable passport, so that every nation's border control knows who is a native born citizen and who is a CBI citizen. If you use your passport for banking, then the bank also knows. A "place of birth" inside the U.S. is an indicia of citizenship for FATCA reporting requirements. I am not sure whether a Swiss passport still lacks a "place of birth." It was one of few exceptions.

The OECD crowd may be evil, but they are not stupid.

The European Commission bases its decisions on newspapers reading (on those occasions when they actually read something before taking a decision). Anyone with at least one working brain cell can understand that criminals don’t need Vanuatuan passports.

Reactions: KDX and Marc Rich
currently huge influx of Russian Citizens going for Vanuatu. I suggest them to sell now as much as possible to Russians, then loose schengen for a while, and after clean up their DD process and have schengen re-instated. During the time they will not have schgenen (if appeal not successful) - they should reduce price to about $90,000 - which will make it still very attractive as no visa-waiver for schengen is not the end of the world for many people..

Reactions: KDX
The European Commission bases its decisions on newspapers reading (on those occasions when they actually read something before taking a decision). Anyone with at least one working brain cell can understand that criminals don’t need Vanuatuan passports.
I am sorry but you are wrong, the process which lead to the suspension notice had nothing to do with journalists. The EC warned Vanuatu at least 4 times, the first semi-official one in 2019. The tender which was “won” by CS Global was started earlier than anything was published by journalists, like The Guardian. There is one quite big provider who brought quite a lot of clients who had no current passport and still they got citizenship and then changed their names. As some of them were later caught in the EU, the EC had enough. And we are not talking Chinese clients

currently huge influx of Russian Citizens going for Vanuatu. I suggest them to sell now as much as possible to Russians, then loose schengen for a while, and after clean up their DD process and have schengen re-instated. During the time they will not have schgenen (if appeal not successful) - they should reduce price to about $90,000 - which will make it still very attractive as no visa-waiver for schengen is not the end of the world for many people..
Yes it can be done this way but you forget the clients who obtained citizenship previously who are out of luck now. Believe me they do not like Vanuatu now at all.

I am not sure why anyone would pay even $90k, when you can obtain a CBI passport from Dominica starting at $100k, which includes visa-free access to 144 countries worldwide.

Latest Threads