Our valued sponsor

What EMI or bank account can be opened for Georgia company?

Where does "Georgia Russian Territory comes from"??
Have you heard that Russia and Georgia were at war in 2008?
Georgia and Russia have very cold relationships, to say the least (on government level of course, not on people's level)

I would like to know what EMI or bank account can be opened for a company registered in Georgia Russian Territory?

Very odd question. What is reasoning behind the question? conf/(%.

When I lived in Georgia those two occupied regions of Georgia for business are off limits and taboo.

When I lived in Georgia those two occupied regions of Georgia for business are off limits and taboo.
Oh that's what he meant...I didn't even get it was about Abhasia and South Osetia, i thought it was just poor phrasing.
Yep, that's even more bizzare now.
And i need to stress again - giving someone PoA for account opening is not exactly "trusting them with your money"

Some should consider studying geography before posting in here :D That said I believe people understand what his point may be which after all should lead to proper response.

LoL yeah, I looked it up in the WikiPedia Georgia - Wikipedia afterwards.

Who the f**k knows Georgia if you are not into hiding who you are :D

Good things have sorted out, back to topic
Account should be possible to open remote and without the PoA model please, I don't trust other people with my money!
can this be done or not?

Many EMIs work with Georgian LLCs and JSCs, there are no issues with Georgian companies because it's not offshore.

The only way to open a bank account in Georgia remotely is through apostilled (or legalized) POA. You don't have to give permission to your lawyer to manage your funds, but only to open the account, so from my perspective there it's a solid way to open a bank account there.
Much easier though is to travel to Georgia and open the corporate account in person. It's much more straight forward.

Oh that's what he meant...I didn't even get it was about Abhasia and South Osetia, i thought it was just poor phrasing.
Yep, that's even more bizzare now.
And i need to stress again - giving someone PoA for account opening is not exactly "trusting them with your money"
LoL yeah, I looked it up in the WikiPedia Georgia - Wikipedia afterwards.

Who the f**k knows Georgia if you are not into hiding who you are :D

Good things have sorted out, back to topic

can this be done or not?
Many EMIs work with Georgian LLCs and JSCs, there are no issues with Georgian companies because it's not offshore.

The only way to open a bank account in Georgia remotely is through apostilled (or legalized) POA. You don't have to give permission to your lawyer to manage your funds, but only to open the account, so from my perspective there it's a solid way to open a bank account there.
Much easier though is to travel to Georgia and open the corporate account in person. It's much more straight forward.

What you guys say to this Where should I start my business?

I was afraid of this and that's why I was questioning Georgia as any bank haven.
I made a lot of diverse experiences in Georgia and could tell you in detail about this, but I am afraid my post gets deleted again and I'm writing it for the bin. At least I would like to mention that remote account opening is possible, but I would always suggest a personal visit.

Latest Threads