Our valued sponsor

What happened to Iranians who own US stocks via US banks/brokers, after the sanction?

Why would an Iranian want to buy US stocks? I mean they don't offer a Death to America ETF do they? smi(&%

But seriously 100'000's of Iranians live in US and I guess must own US stocks via 401k etc. If your an Iranian resident in Iran then maybe different story because of sanctions on Iran itself, but sanctions have been on Iran since 1979 by US.

How and when were these stocks acquired and by an Iranian resident or non-resident? conf/(% Need more details.

Why would an Iranian want to buy US stocks? I mean they don't offer a Death to America ETF do they? smi(&%

But seriously 100'000's of Iranians live in US and I guess must own US stocks via 401k etc. If your an Iranian resident in Iran then maybe different story because of sanctions on Iran itself, but sanctions have been on Iran since 1979 by US.

How and when were these stocks acquired and by an Iranian resident or non-resident? conf/(% Need more details.
How? Using a bank/broker in the US, from the internet. He's a resident in Iran but there's nothing stopping him from moving.
When? Before the sanctions.
Do you remember recent US sanctions? Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan, Syria like in 2018 if I remember correctly. Before this thing happened.

Is our Iranian dude screwed? What's gonna happen to his stocks and money in the US?

Unfortunately I totally don't deal with anything US. So no idea what will happen. Maybe someone else knows more about US.

How? Using a bank/broker in the US, from the internet. He's a resident in Iran but there's nothing stopping him from moving.
When? Before the sanctions.
Do you remember recent US sanctions? Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan, Syria like in 2018 if I remember correctly. Before this thing happened.

Is our Iranian dude screwed? What's gonna happen to his stocks and money in the US?
I heard stories of Iranians using second passports to bank in US, but this is only available for HNI and no politically exposed