Our valued sponsor

What if you don't have second official document

Rachel Brown

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site
Ok, It might be a stupid question, but a family member faced this issue with Monese and now with Ipagoo.
To put this simple we are in the EU and we can travel only with our IDs and its not a problem (as long as you stay in the EU borders, people here don't travel often to US,Canada, Asia, etc so most stick with their IDs).
My family don't have a drivers license and passport (the passport actually expired) and it is ok here, because most places ask for your ID and its pretty much enough. However, those retarded EMIs above are not OK even with 100% legit official governmental issued documents clearly visible pictures and selfies taken with iPhone 7.
They really pissed me off, because frankly EU laws say we can get verified with our ID, in the UK they got only passports and driving licenses and its not a problem, here we have ID Cards only (actually bulgarian cards are more secure and protected compared to italian for example) but Monese and Ipagoo wanted second official document. I believe this is very unfair, because they can easily video call you or something and verify your identity, but when EU says you are good with your ID and local law says the same, and those companies are registered in EU, they should take the document and shut up.

I mean when your passport expired you have to pay a penalty fine (if you dont renew on time) and for the driving license you need to pass exams.
No one could force you to do these things, because frankly here they count driving license as a "semi-official" ID replacement, if you don't have the ID card with you, but they won't take it in banks and such, maybe some hotels. For the passport since we are in EU, it is not required and you can wait like 3 years so they waive the penalty fine for you, and if you don't need to travel across the EU borders you don't need to pay that fine.
I'm really fed up because Monese and Ipagoo pretending to be registered in the EU but don't accept our ID cards alone, once again my family uses shows up that ID card in official local banks and such institutions and the document is issued by our ministry of internal affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here, if we go to the local bank with passport, they most probably refuse to deal bcz it seems too suspicious. And like 30% don't renew their passports at all. And ID is both sides, passport is just one page.
When I worked at the local air port like 9-10 years ago, it was very funny bcz we had a large group of italian guys, they all had their personal IDs, and very similar to what our kids have at school for their marks.
Only people from Israel and Russia were asked for passports, rest were mainly EU. Btw the Bulgarian ID is one of the most protected I have ever seen, water marks, signatures, special symbols, etc etc.

fine for passport renewal (or creating the new one) sounds like a strange argument to me - how big it can be? everything will be easier having passport when dealing with services in "western" countries
a btw I have a pretty good idea what kind of country/environment you live in...

just break the balance between real world and internet . if it's convenience let them get a passport .:D
Yeah, most probably. Sometimes I translate my bills myself, because when I send them the official copy on Bulgarian language they reject it. Translating is some kind of manipulation, but they take it.
Really weird, but yeah we shall play by their rules.

Can'y you simply go to the local ambassy and get a passport so get it notarized.

OR

Apply for a second citizenship in some banana country and good is?

Yeah, most probably. Sometimes I translate my bills myself, because when I send them the official copy on Bulgarian language they reject it. Translating is some kind of manipulation, but they take it.
Really weird, but yeah we shall play by their rules.
i do something similar but as original , they accept it no question .
i use passport for almost everything , i live in foreign country so without it i'm insta deported lol. however i lost it mid 2016 and the person in possession who was handling my residence permit didn't speak for months . then we go to police station to report lost pp and next week we request the embassy to send new one . it took 3 months for the new passport reach us but they did some error so it was issued again after 6 months . last week i got my residence permit and able to travel from now :)

Reactions: diablo
@extremedox101 it must has been a hard time waiting for your passport and be unable to travel anywhere while you are waiting? What did you do in all that time?
i did not move everything been done online , even though i don't travel a lot( this was inconvenience didn't let me to go outside 2-3 times) , just stayed quiet until passport was finished . and eventually stayed away from the places they ask for full passport . imagine .hi%#