Our valued sponsor

What is digital nomad visa?

uplana

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
I have no clue where to find any information about the Digital Nomad Visa - When first I read about it somewhere I found it to be the same as the golden visa and citizen for investment programs just with some slight differences.

Can someone here explain what this is and elaborate on how to become a Digital nomad with a Visa ?

Reactions: troubled soul
I have no clue where to find any information about the Digital Nomad Visa - When first I read about it somewhere I found it to be the same as the golden visa and citizen for investment programs just with some slight differences.

Can someone here explain what this is and elaborate on how to become a Digital nomad with a Visa ?
It is nothing like a CBI program, because you do not obtain citizenship. It is somewhat loosely like golden visa programs, but instead of permanent residency you gain residency for a certain period of time (e.g., one year).

I believe that many digital nomad programs allow you to renew from year-to-year for a fee, so it is somewhat akin to a renewable fixed-period temporary residency program. At least that is my understanding.

Another important factor: many golden visa programs allow you to apply for citizenship after a certain time period (if you meet all the other requirements). I doubt that many digital nomad programs would allow that.

Reactions: uplana
Digital Nomad Visa = Long Term Tourist Visa.

Digital nomad visas are travel authorizations that legalize the status of workers on the move. Like tourist visas, they are easy to obtain. They allow long stays.

With Digital Nomad visa , You may face problem with banking and getting benefit of local government service. You are just a tourist for local Government Authorities.
With golden visa and citizen for investment programs, You are resident for local Government Authorities.

If you are tax saving type of person , Digital Nomad visa are waste of time. Better to get proper resident visa.

Hope this help.

By Google Search :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
46 COUNTRIES OFFERING A DIGITAL NOMAD VISA: BEST FOR REMOTE FREELANCERS AND SELF-EMPLOYED TRAVELERS

So if I understand it all correct we will have for instant Georgia which provide you a Digital Nomad Visa for free and Croatia who charge roughly 100.

It means that I can stay in these countries for at least 1 year without troubles and without to be tax residence there right?

I also understand that I would not get any work or perma. permission in any of these countries that's why it is called Digital Nomad, you do you living from a laptop in an café, restaurant or at McDonalds.

And if you travel into any country you can only stay there for max 3 months (in most copuntries) for holidays.. and here it is that this DN Visa comes into play it is something inbetween, true ?

So if I understand it all correct we will have for instant Georgia which provide you a Digital Nomad Visa for free and Croatia who charge roughly 100.

It means that I can stay in these countries for at least 1 year without troubles and without to be tax residence there right?

I also understand that I would not get any work or perma. permission in any of these countries that's why it is called Digital Nomad, you do you living from a laptop in an café, restaurant or at McDonalds.

And if you travel into any country you can only stay there for max 3 months (in most copuntries) for holidays.. and here it is that this DN Visa comes into play it is something inbetween, true ?
Yes

Georgia's "Remotely from Georgia" programme was a way to relax covid entry restrictions for people earning $2k+ from a foreign employer or customers. Tax residence still kicked in at 183 days. The covid restrictions were mostly lifted s o Georgia ended the programme last month.

If you have visa free travel to Georgia for 365 days then the situation is basically the same. You don't need a work permit or visa to work from here. Tax residence at 183 days, but that's rarely relevant because offshore passive income is mostly exempt and any work you do on Georgian soil (wherever the employer or customer, wherever the money goes) is usually taxable in Georgia.

A controlled foreign corporation (CFC) is a corporate entity that is registered and conducts business in a different jurisdiction or country than the residency of the controlling owners.

When you apply for Digital Nomad visa. You are not registering the company. You are applying for permit for staying in country.
Each country defines CFC differently, but to become a CFC you must have a much lower corporate tax rate than in the country of the shareholder. Without low tax a company is not a CFC

Latest Threads