Our valued sponsor

What is the best hardware cryptocurrency wallet?

I believe Ledger is the best and most secure for now.
The point of a hw wallet is not the UI but strictly security. It is very important to reduce the hardware complexity to a minimum to increase the security of the device and so its unlikely there will ever be fancy hw wallet, a phone with dedicated chip would be better in every way, i believe samsung 10 and above have this if I am not mistaken, its coming fast.

The hw wallet only purpose is to validate a transaction while never revealing the private key nothing else, so there is little need for a better UI really.

Now a hw wallet is not to do frequent regular small transactions but rather for holding and transacting large amount. If you find using a hw wallet annoying, its likely you dont really need it because when you hold large amount of crypto the significant added security it provides makes it much more bearable and you don't think how annoying it is to use at all because it keeps your wealth safe.

Reactions: void
anything integrated into a phone would need separate hardware including display and other necessary interfaces in the same case

with some downgrade of security (for operative amounts not holding large value) sharing of screen with phone OS or dual boot to a single purpose system could be tolerable

I'd rather see trezor or ledger integrated to standard mechanical watch which would be convenient even for daily usage, would solve (more or less) the problem of storing the hw wallet and would be great for minimizing unwanted attention especially during traveling

Latest Threads