Our valued sponsor

What is your idea about CBDC?

Nishizawa

Member Plus
Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
Can it help our offshore business?

It is still in infancy, but 'm looking forward to the digital euro being issued within 5 years. I wanted to talk about this topic someday.

I am not a resident of EU, so I am not sure if I will be able to own the digital euro, but if I could create a wallet through an offshore company founded in Malta or Cyprus, it would be a good method to transfer money personally I think.
There are some restrictions on EMI or bank. Just like they said "No adult content. No gambling business. No crypto trading. We can't accept such a high risk business even if it is legal." or "Oh, you sent 10,000 euros to Serbia. Obviously you have submitted the required documents for AML. But sorry. Serbia is a high-risk country and we do not want to do business with them."

But CBDC is controlled by a central bank. It is illegal if the government prohibits legal transactions.
So I expect its AML policy will be more merciful than shitty EMI in east europe. At least it won't be the crazy de-risking we've experienced.

Last edited:
No, it will be a 100% transparent ledger and you will wish to deal with shitty emi instead of that new beast.
It boils down to either selling coffee 100% transparent and following all the rules are being out of the white market.s
Hahaha, yeah that's the least I would be worried about. Money with a expiration date, or your wallet working only in the 15km radius around your home due to a new hoax virus, would be for sure funny.

Reactions: nomad999

Latest Threads