Our valued sponsor

Where can I lookup or research on a coin if it suddenly rise 40% ?

EliasIT

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have often seen a cryptocoin exploding from one hour to the next with say 20,50 and even 100% but I have never found a source where I can lookup why this coin is just out of the blue exploding like it does.

Where are you guys looking?

If there was a reliable source to tell us when some token will rise 50%, then we would all have already bought before it so the sudden jump wouldn't have happened.

Seriously though, after the price movement I would start with Google News. If we're talking big changes in Cardano or privacy coins, you'll find sources there. If nothing is there, Twitter. After that, you can look at the token's official site, bitcointalk, reddit, but really there is no single oracle with this knowledge.

Some movements are due to an event like the ANT->NEO rebrand (that made me happy) or Elon Musk's Twitter (Doge), but others will always be opaque. Some early investor cashing out in a hurry, some Telegram pump group.

I stopped looking for the Next Big Thing. Don't get me wrong, it would have been nice to buy ADA or DOT in early January and HODL. I just don't think it's easy to have an edge over all the other speculators on that kind of timescale. If we're talking seconds or less, then yes the markets are still very inefficient.

I have often seen a cryptocoin exploding from one hour to the next with say 20,50 and even 100% but I have never found a source where I can lookup why this coin is just out of the blue exploding like it does.

Where are you guys looking?
If you are chasing pumps you would need to join a Telegram pump and dump group. I advise against this because the Admin of the group will always dump on you. If you follow Whale Alert | Home on Twitter you can see when Tether prints. If they print 400+ million USD there will likely be a large Bitcoin pump that day. There is a whale watcher dapp that you can subscribe to that allows you to see the top Ethereum wallets and where they are moving their funds but I forget what it's called. You can copy their trades like a parasite on it's host. If you don't want to chase pumps try token indexes like CVP YETI or Tokensets, let the index balance and do the work for you. I personally advise against chasing pumps though, you can make the most money by investing in a mix of microcaps like 0xMR and blue chips that will be used for Central Bank Digital Currencies (XRP, XLM, IOTA, HBAR, UTNP). You might have to wait a bit longer for the blue chips to increase in value but when CBDCs are launched, you will be able to buy your own country if you play your cards right. Don't chase pumps and miss a life changing event, invest on fundamentals.

okay, confusion total smi(&%

My bad, simple question was, where can I see why a certain coin just increased with 40% ? - a coin where it actually happened right now?

coingecko.com sort by 24hr
LoL true copy of

Where would you see what happened with a coin? I search for something written i.e. this coin increase by 40% because Elon Musk took a s**t or Bill Gates banged Dolly Parton after her vaccine song.

LoL true copy of

Where would you see what happened with a coin? I search for something written i.e. this coin increase by 40% because Elon Musk took a s**t or Bill Gates banged Dolly Parton after her vaccine song.
If you're looking for a reason why most things happen, 90% of the time it's because Bitcoin moved up or down 5% and it caused altcoins to pump or dump 40%. Sometime you will see movement independent of Bitcoin if the project is about to release something or has a big partnership. Insiders will move the price before the announcement and dump when retail investors hear about it.

Check the most populated telegram groups on that coin, official and unofficial, this is where you will get the most up to date information.
Also check twitter with the coins hashtag, you will quickly get a clue or two.
Reddit is usually lagging for near real time info.

Latest Threads