Our valued sponsor

Where should one keep their wealth to avoid future potential sanctions?

I hope its a miscommunication otherwise it is a very dangerous precedent. Collective punishment assumes every Russia passport holder agrees with Putin. To say a Russian i.e living in Germany or France because of their Russian passport can't buy a property in the country they have resided in for decades is worrying. Sounds like a flawed proposal or misinterpretation of what is proposed.

---- quote start

The European Commission’s proposal would halt property deals with Russian citizens, residents and entities -- prohibiting the sale or transfer, directly or indirectly, of “ownership rights in immovable property located within the territory of the Union or units in collective investment undertakings providing exposure to such immovable property,” according to the legal text seen by Bloomberg News.

----- quote end

Anyway lets keep to topic please. The subject is:

"Where should one keep their wealth to avoid future potential sanctions?"

Right now it seems like EU is no place to keep wealth if your passport is not strong. I always thought banana republics in South America confiscate wealth. I never thought I would see the day EU countries confiscate assets with no due process and the public cheer it on like clapping seals at a water park :(. I will see how this all plays but right now I will sideline EU for a while after having unloaded my EU government bonds already.
The peasants are too busy sitting at home waving their blue and yellow flags, while battling their third bout of covid (they are still thankful for the vaccines). All while their cost of living goes through the roof and they won't be able to heat their homes this winter

Maybe one day, they'll look around and wonder what happened.

Keep seeing UAE mentioned.

• they now provide financial information to the DOJ etc.
  • UAE on request (without extradition process) removes individuals directly into the FBI, DEA, etc hands at the airport.
All the cryptofraudbros got that coming

Reactions: backpacker
Don't you think it's funny?
I find it amazing how 80% of the people in the world have no clue how to come across professionally. And how the other 20% just looks at them in amazement like: "Who the f**k do you think you're fooling, Ahmed?"
I have no words but the following image pretty much describes the core of my thoughts. Ignore the BTC icon at the end.
my-disappointment.gif

Look at what as just happened to Graham Phillips. UK Citizen, been reporting in Donbass since 2014, just been sanctioned by the UK and all his assets seized!

Put that in a new thread. It's an interesting story actually. and lets keep to topic here.

Just an update since selling all my eurozone treasury bonds I mentioned early. I actually bought several apartment blocks (just over 50 apartments in total) and a small office building in Caribbean via my trust. So I am totally out of cash. I actually got a good distressed sale due to higher loan rates crushing the previous owner and sending his yield negative. When they say cash is king I totally get it. So in end it was income yielding property. It's yielding around 6.5% which is ok for me. Plans are to put all income back into renovation and expansion.

P.S For privacy reasons I have been deliberately vague on exact location ;).

Put that in a new thread. It's an interesting story actually. and lets keep to topic here.

Just an update since selling all my eurozone treasury bonds I mentioned early. I actually bought several apartment blocks (just over 50 apartments in total) and a small office building in Caribbean via my trust. So I am totally out of cash. I actually got a good distressed sale due to higher loan rates crushing the previous owner and sending his yield negative. When they say cash is king I totally get it. So in end it was income yielding property. It's yielding around 6.5% which is ok for me. Plans are to put all income back into renovation and expansion.
Do you know about that prime office building in Nassau next to FTX? It yields 8%+ and it’s (almost like) NNN.
I like NNN commercial leases.

Do you know about that prime office building in Nassau next to FTX? It yields 8%+ and it’s (almost like) NNN.
I like NNN commercial leases.

I don't live near Nassau.

unless you got a massive discount on the purchase price itself, such a yield seems ridiculously low to me, why are you ok with this?

I am seeking total return on investment not yield alone. i.e capital gains + yield. All yield is planned to be pumped back into the development and expansion of housing properties. Plus rent has not been raised in over a decade so yield can increase in line with market but is of no interest to me right now.

Reactions: tacokai
If it’s net, it’s a good rate. Plus he can always make a profit by reselling. And use the asset to borrow more money

Exactly. I am getting a loan at some point against it to install solar panels for communal areas lighting etc. Plus solar boiler etc etc. Just bring things up to date in that respect.

No need to live near the properties you buy unless you like dyi renovation smi(&%
It’s a good opportunity and the seller is motivated, unfortunately I can’t buy it.

Send me some info. If I can get a bank loan and my other properties income covers the loan why not :p.

I'm interested in one apartment lol
Btw what's property taxes in the caribbeans like?

Lol..depends where you buy. It ranges from zero to quite high for expensive properties. Some islands even cap the tax however.

Latest Threads