Our valued sponsor

Where to buy bitcoin with Transferwise or Revolut

Fidor.de account opening is quick (there is a webcam/mobile interview). Also, a rudimentary knowledge of German language would be good - not for the interview, but the website.

As mentioned earlier, transfers between Kraken and Fidor are very fast.

Fidor.de account opening is quick (there is a webcam/mobile interview). Also, a rudimentary knowledge of German language would be good - not for the interview, but the website.

Don't you have to be a resident of Germany to open an account there?

It says for the Smart Current Account:
  • You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Federal Republic of Germany.

Don't you have to be a resident of Germany to open an account there?

It says for the Smart Current Account:
  • You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Now you got me confused o_O

I thought I checked their residence requirements before, but now I can't find out where. All I can say is I am not a resident, and opened an account recently. None of my documents (incl. proof of address) was from Germany. My "Legitimationsstatus" is 100%. Go figure...

Almost not possible that you have a Fidor Account without being a permanent German resident.
We have something called "Einwohnermeldebescheinigung" which can be accessed by banks in the "Melderegisterauskunft" (some kind of database).
So this Fidor requirement : "Du musst mindestens 18 Jahre alt sein mit ständigem Wohnsitz in Deutschland. " which is translated "You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Federal Republic of Germany." is not possible to prove.... .
But even more impossible is this : "Gib bitte für deine Ein- und Auszahlungen eine gültige Bankverbindung und deine Mobiltelefonnummer an. Das Konto muss auf den Namen des Kontoinhabers bei einem inländischen Kreditinstitut geführt sein. "
Which says, that you need a bank account at a national (german) bank in the name your Fidor account is.
Do you have a German bank account?

I am German and they canceled my account there after knowing that I permanently left Germany as my residence.
However I don't say you are lying. Sometimes mistakes happen and you could have had luck. But it is quite impossible. Congratulations if you really have an account there which didn't get blocked yet. German banks are regulated as f**k.

Reactions: Martin Everson
@moneyrequired it's not special in Germany. For example if you rent an apartment in Germany, your landlord has to tell the government that person xxx is living here now. So it's not even your own decision. Of course you can make deals, but they need to be good because the fines are super high. In Germany they don't want people to order stuff at companies on invoice or apply for a credit card or account with overdraft possibilites and then just disappear without paying. This is not so easy in Germany. Only possibility is to leave Germany forever.
Maybe there is an english version of this Wikipedia article so you can understand : Melderegisterauskunft – Wikipedia by the way... you will be shocked... for 7€ third parties can know your actual adress and your adresse in Germany before, if you are married or not, your birthday and some more stuff, hahah. And with third parties we are not just talking about banks, we are also talking about other copmanies which may have a legal interest in knowing your resident address in Germany... . Hope you find this article in english or just google translate it.
But in this article it also says, that Great Britain, France and Ireland don't have this.

Reactions: moneyrequired
Yes, I do have a personal account with them. Opened with a passport in about 15 minutes.
Edit: I'm not a German resident, however I am an EU resident.
The last time I checked it was not possible. I will have a look at this again to see if it will work out the same way for me. Thanks for the info.

Almost not possible that you have a Fidor Account without being a permanent German resident.
I do have a recently opened Fidor account. My address in Fidor system is outside Germany, my address proof was not from Germany etc. It is possible, though, that I accidentally slipped through bureaucracy.

Do you have a German bank account?
I don't have (other than Fidor ;)). It was not asked during the account opening process.

So, the conclusion is:
1) Either my account will be closed soon, or
2) Fidor has relaxed their rules and not updated their website.

for TW i use it with Crypto.com and its work good, but ofcourse i wait for 1 day to the amount to be funded in the account and i try for small amount never did it with big,
as i understand from some threads here that TW can be ok for sending and receiving from crypto if the amounts are small.

Keep it to small amounts it's fine, you have that one day but it's a working solution so we may be happy.

In the meantime if you tired of waiting open an AdvCash account and order the debit card, so you have the bitcoin money in your hands within an hour ;)

Keep it to small amounts it's fine, you have that one day but it's a working solution so we may be happy.

In the meantime if you tired of waiting open an AdvCash account and order the debit card, so you have the bitcoin money in your hands within an hour ;)
Oh that something interesting, i will try to open an account with them later, because i feel the website is complicated =D
thanks for suggestions.

for TW i use it with Crypto.com and its work good, but ofcourse i wait for 1 day to the amount to be funded in the account and i try for small amount never did it with big,
as i understand from some threads here that TW can be ok for sending and receiving from crypto if the amounts are small.

Yes crypto.com is good because they provide dedicated IBAN personal to load your account just as wirex or Bitwala.

Xapo.com also provides dedicated IBAN (same bank as crypto.com). When you send funds to an account in which you are the beneficiary, I think there are fewer risks than services like Revolut or TW refuse the transfer.

If you do not mind paying a little commission, there are also exchanges such as Luno or Bitpanda that allow you to deposit with Sofort or IDEAL for those who have accounts in Bunq or N26 for example.

Yes crypto.com is good because they provide dedicated IBAN personal to load your account just as wirex or Bitwala.

Xapo.com also provides dedicated IBAN (same bank as crypto.com). When you send funds to an account in which you are the beneficiary, I think there are fewer risks than services like Revolut or TW refuse the transfer.

If you do not mind paying a little commission, there are also exchanges such as Luno or Bitpanda that allow you to deposit with Sofort or IDEAL for those who have accounts in Bunq or N26 for example.

btw is it possible to withdraw the EU from crypto.com? because i never saw this option.

I am trying now Adv Cash but again stuck with the stupid address verification =_=

Latest Threads