Our valued sponsor

Where to find someone to teach me to use Monero?

I have zero experience with crypto along with nearly zero patience in my personality. But I want to start using crypto for payments and remitences, because banks are starting to be a pain in the assets. I thought reading on this forum could help me understand, but no; The level here is far to high for my first steps.

I did search for web pages to help beginners, but within 3-4 paragraphs of reading I am confused and discouraged. For videos, I simply don’t have the patience at all.

What I want is a friendly and patient teacher to discuss these topics. I’m posting here to ask: Where to find such a person? Is there a “community” for crypto “consultants” where I might post a “Help Wanted” ad.

I expect to pay, of course. Nobody with expertise gives it away free. So I will pay with the first Monero I acquire.

I don’t run a business, don’t do any gambling, don’t do anything “dark”. And my amounts are modest; typically EUR 5-8,000. I just think I should start avoiding conventional banking channels.

I am a citizen of one country, live in a second country, and keep my money in a third country. So far, I’ve been lucky with that arrangement: no problems. But if there was a problem, what could I do? Travel is more and more difficult, everywhere (especially for us pure bloods). My goal in learning to use Monero is to avoid problems before they happen.

Suggestions, please.

It really depends on what you want to learn about Monero (XMR), but it's a cryptocurrency that most official exchanges have banned, for example, Kraken, Binance, etc. Nevertheless, you can still use it as a means of payment.

You will need the following for my suggestion:
  • Download the EXODUS wallet.
  • Have a Kraken or Binance account to exchange FIAT for, for example, BTC, USDT, or similar cryptocurrencies.
  • Find an exchange that supports Monero, for example, Instant Cryptocurrency Exchange | Best Rates & Lowest Fees | ChangeNOW - transfer your cryptocurrency from Kraken into ChangeNow, which converts them to Monero and deposits them into your Exodus wallet.
From your Exodus wallet, you can easily make payments to others who are willing to accept them.

Feel free to ask here if you have any questions.

It really depends on what you want to learn about Monero (XMR), but it's a cryptocurrency that most official exchanges have banned, for example, Kraken, Binance, etc. Nevertheless, you can still use it as a means of payment.

You will need the following for my suggestion:
  • Download the EXODUS wallet.
  • Have a Kraken or Binance account to exchange FIAT for, for example, BTC, USDT, or similar cryptocurrencies.
  • Find an exchange that supports Monero, for example, Instant Cryptocurrency Exchange | Best Rates & Lowest Fees | ChangeNOW - transfer your cryptocurrency from Kraken into ChangeNow, which converts them to Monero and deposits them into your Exodus wallet.
From your Exodus wallet, you can easily make payments to others who are willing to accept them.

Feel free to ask here if you have any questions.

@myshufflemix -

Thank you for taking your time to prepare those suggestions.
I appreciate it. I really do.

However, it is clear to me that it is NOT clear to you that your suggestions are OFF-topic. Feel free to ask me privately, if you have any questions about that.

Everything you need to know is on Monero.com by Cake Wallet

Web sites like that one by CakeWallet are exactly the reason I am looking for a teacher.

Send me a DM and I'll be happy to help, will never get tired of onboarding new crypto users. And I won't take any of your money, education must be free.
Thank you @diatessaron.
What a great attitude!

I want to contact you by "DM" but I don't even know what it means!
I thought it was a different term for "private message", but I can't find how to send a private message on this forum.
Please advise how to contact you by "DM".
Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you @diatessaron.
What a great attitude!

I want to contact you by "DM" but I don't even know what it means!
I thought it was a different term for "private message", but I can't find how to send a private message on this forum.
Please advise how to contact you by "DM".
Thank you.
DM stands for Direct Message. You need to upgrade your account to have that as an option, I'll upgrade mine when I stop being lazy about it :rolleyes: so I can't DM anyone right now.

To be completely honest I think you should bite the bullet, sit down for an hour or two and try to teach yourself. There are tons of resources online and you can purchase $20 of Monero to teach yourself properly.

To be completely honest I think you should bite the bullet, sit down for an hour or two and try to teach yourself. There are tons of resources online and you can purchase $20 of Monero to teach yourself properly.
And to be completely honest on my side, if I'd wanted encouragement to do myself, I would have asked for that.

What I posted and stated clearly in the title is looking for someone to teach me. A person with experience and patience. And I'm willing to pay.

Well, I'm still hoping to find a teacher. @diatessaron kindly offered help, but, I've learned that no direct contact allowed here unless join mentor group.

I am a citizen of one country, live in a second country, and keep my money in a third country. So far, I’ve been lucky with that arrangement: no problems. But if there was a problem, what could I do? Travel is more and more difficult, everywhere (especially for us pure bloods). My goal in learning to use Monero is to avoid problems before they happen.

Suggestions, please.
How come travel has become difficult for you as an unvaccinated person?

I have found zero obstacles in the last 2 years. And even at the height, while draconian and stupid, it was possible to circumvent some rules with some planning and taking a few gambles.

I would think Monero use could cause more problems than it solves. But you should give some more information about what you want to use it for. Payments and remittances for what?

What I want is a friendly and patient teacher to discuss these topics. I’m posting here to ask: Where to find such a person? Is there a “community” for crypto “consultants” where I might post a “Help Wanted” ad.
There are many Monero communities:
* monero.town - A town for the Monero community to live in.
* https://reddit.com/r/Monero
* Matrix/IRC chat groups: Hangouts
* Monero Stack Exchange
* dread.onion/d/Monero

You can learn lots of beginner stuff from FAQ
if someone looking for more technical details there's Home