Our valued sponsor

Where would you invest 750k USD?

Buying yachts is not a good business at current stage.
I remember the yacht market being flooded with very cheap boats back in 2009-2011
the cost must be exploding for many "owners"

Last edited:
Of course “wealth managers” prefer that money is allocated to their stupid products, instead of being spent on something real they have no control on and makes the client happy
Wonder if I put 50K US$ on your account and asked you to invest them if you could turn it into 75K within 6 months? or if it all was lost!

Reactions: JackAlabama
I guess you're missing the point here a bit. Buying a yacht is not the same as buying a house or a car: it's way more expensive, requires a lot more planning, it takes years to deliver, you need to find a place where to keep it, maintain it, crew trainings etc. Usually a new company is setup just for that etc. So it's a very complex product and top banks offer top their clients help and support during that process. Banks will still make money from the deals because not many clients have a couple 100M laying around doing nothing so they might need some financing/loans/lombards etc.

Guys that own hundreds of millions of dollars have already spent a some coin on bank's bulls**t products already.
So, now it's the time to sell them something else - a dream and probably the most expensive "toy" a man can own.
I guess you are missing the point or topic of this thread and comparing apples to grapes!
This thread is not talking about HNWI with 100M lying around! We are talking about less than 1% of that!
Its also not about buying and keeping (unless they want to), so you dont have to worry about where to keep/maintenance/crew etc
It is a build to spec and sell project / investment for return

Think of this as more of buying a plot of land, building a house and selling it once completed, but a 50ft catamaran instead.

We have charter companies that are looking to buy yachts, but dont want to go through the build process themselves
What I am proposing is a total investment between $450'000 to $700'000 to build a charter boat for resale with 50% ROI over a 8-12 month period
Investment can be staged in monthly payments backed by progress on the build (so the assets value increases with each instalment of the investment, minimizing risk)
Insurance on the build is also taken out (so need to worry about fires etc)
Payment and returns can be facilitated through crypto or USD/EUR

Wonder if I put 50K US$ on your account and asked you to invest them if you could turn it into 75K within 6 months? or if it all was lost!
I could offer something similar to this, 50K investment with 8K interest / ROI every 3 months = $74k after 9 months

Last edited:
I guess you are missing the point or topic of this thread and comparing apples to grapes!
This thread is not talking about HNWI with 100M lying around! We are talking about less than 1% of that!
Its also not about buying and keeping (unless they want to), so you dont have to worry about where to keep/maintenance/crew etc
It is a build to spec and sell project / investment for return

Think of this as more of buying a plot of land, building a house and selling it once completed, but a 50ft catamaran instead.

We have charter companies that are looking to buy yachts, but dont want to go through the build process themselves
What I am proposing is a total investment between $450'000 to $700'000 to build a charter boat for resale with 50% ROI over a 8-12 month period
Investment can be staged in monthly payments backed by progress on the build (so the assets value increases with each instalment of the investment, minimizing risk)
Insurance on the build is also taken out (so need to worry about fires etc)
Payment and returns can be facilitated through crypto or USD/EUR
Makes very much sense. Unfortunately I’m not into catamarans: I prefer alluminium monohulls in the 70ft range, of which there is very limited availability on the market.
We are talking of $3-5m price tag, you don’t need to be a billionaire to afford one.

Reactions: troubled soul
$META and I will tell you why.

VR feeds perfectly into the remote work trend and on top of that you get Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook for 11 P/E. Also, costs of goggles will go down exponentially as the world is driven by exponential functions nowadays, and once VR becomes mainstream $META will have a big lead.

In terms of exponentiallity:

- $AAPL realized telephone costs went down, Apple became one of the most successful companies on earth. Ballmer missed this and got ousted as $MSFT CEO (when telephones were still too expensive to be viable).
- $MSFT realized cloud costs would come down, Satya realized and created Azure (when cloud was still too expensive to be viable).
- $TSLA realized battery costs would come down, Elon realized and created Tesla (when eCar was still too expensive to be viable).
- $META realized VR costs would come down, Zuck realized and create Meta (when VR was still too expensive to be viable). ????

Seems to me like a great, if not amazing, play in terms of risk / reward. Too many companies died because their CEOs were complacent and were not going to risk a steady business to remain competitive a decade from now, like Kodak for example.

Good call on META. Had someone bought the stock at the time you suggested it (META was at $130 on Jan. 6th) he would have 30% gains today.
Any new ideas for the current environment?
META had been of course greatly oversold..

If you're looking at buying a mid-range catamaran between 500k-1M and then renting it out through a program where you can use a catamaran a few times a year and make money with it when not using it, I would recommend comparing a few companies that have been in the business for a long time. I know Moorings had a good thing going in the BVI pre-Irma. They're still operating around the world and based out of Fl.

It might be interesting if buying cash but if not, the rental return is about 8% and the financing is 7-8% at the moment so it doesn't make sense if not buying in cash.

PROS It is pretty cool to use it and with the Moorings you can use a cat anywhere they have locations around the world. PM me if you want I refer you to a friend working there.

CONS It is also an asset that depreciates with time, like a car, unlike farmland or rental apartment buildings.

If you live in the US or other developed country with a decent legal system, you would get more through private money lending for real estate projects (yields around 10%-12%) and you charge a 2% fee for opening the file to lower your risk from the start. Get everything check, maybe partner with someone doing this already to learn from him. You have colateral and the person taking the loan must put some of their own personal money to show they're serious.

Personally, I am more than 50% in cash and was waiting for a market correction, but since they just pushed the debt ceiling for another 2 years who knows what's going on there. I'm still 20% in stocks and 20% in real estates. I'm focussing on cheap land in less-known areas that have high probability to boom with tourism within the next 5-10 years.

Probably will move some cash into SP500 low cost etf gradually and hope for the best.

Latest Threads