Our valued sponsor

Where would you invest 750k USD?

Depends on your age and time frame.

Something to consider is investing a chunk (30-50%) in a top performing VC fund. The rest - in an S&P500 ETF. The VC will lock up your cash for up to 10 years - but will typically outperform all other asset classes.

I had a large exit a few years back and I sit in a mix of direct startup investments, broad market ETFs, high yield ETFs (I live off my dividend income), REITs, and alts like art, whisky, and soon maybe farmland.
Sounds cool. Where does one find such a VC fund to put money in?

Sounds cool. Where does one find such a VC fund to put money in?
If you don't know that a fund is raising, it's actually as simple as contacting the fund and asking if they have an open fund and are taking on new LPs (investors). Like many businesses, VCs are constantly in the hunt for new money. The more successful ones have a larger minimum commit - so it can be a big chunk of a portfolio. The good thing about VCs is you don't wire them the full amount when you commit - it's drawn over time as they fund companies (usually in the first third of the funds life).

Here is a good explainer: How to invest in a Venture Capital fund?

Suggesting to buy ETFs or funds is not a big piece of advice :rolleyes:
It's better advice for most people than trading, seeking alpha, crypto etc because it has the highest correlation to long term positive gains.

Reactions: JackAlabama
If you don't know that a fund is raising, it's actually as simple as contacting the fund and asking if they have an open fund and are taking on new LPs (investors). Like many businesses, VCs are constantly in the hunt for new money. The more successful ones have a larger minimum commit - so it can be a big chunk of a portfolio. The good thing about VCs is you don't wire them the full amount when you commit - it's drawn over time as they fund companies (usually in the first third of the funds life).

Here is a good explainer: How to invest in a Venture Capital fund?

It's better advice for most people than trading, seeking alpha, crypto etc because it has the highest correlation to long term positive gains.
I mean, why not just buy the S&P 500 then and set and forget. Do all VCs as ensemble consistently beat the SPY? I highly highly doubt that. And if it was true for the last decade with QE, past performance does not indicate...

I mean, why not just buy the S&P 500 then and set and forget. Do all VCs as ensemble consistently beat the SPY? I highly highly doubt that. And if it was true for the last decade with QE, past performance does not indicate...
Yep agree. Not expirienced in VCs. Just thinking that you need a lot of investments there, so that one takes really off. It's kind of a game where maybe 1-100 chance of getting very rich. Like investing in the next google.

Regarding SPY. You can't conclude on future returns from history. Worst case we get now the 70s and for the next 10 years no profit is made. QE is good and bad in the same time, since it is price manipulation. Currently I would get a higher position in EM. But yeah ETF is smaller risk and smaller return, but maybe a higher Expecter Return... you could also get 3x SPY if you like to gamble..

Hi guys,
I just sold part of my SaaS. Currently have 750k USD in my new LLC in Citibank US.
What would you guys do with that amount in terms of investment? Mid-High risk high returns?
Would love to hear from you guys? Also if you have some interesting biz ops would love to talk 1on1.

Cheers.
Currently in Bulgaria, many people choose to invest in wind energy, 2-3 MW wind turbines, as a hedge against inflation, because the returns are good (300-350k euro +/- per year).

Look at the African countries participating in the OBOR initiative sponsored by China. In my opinion, this economic cycle there will be money in Africa, I proceed from the fact that, firstly, there are very rare resources in Africa, and they will be increasingly necessary for the "green" electronic future, secondly, look at what happened to the countries in which American banks invested in the last 30 years. I expect the same to happen to African countries where the Chinese Bank for International Development has a hand.

I personally mainly stick with the best performing asset of the decade - Bitcoin :)

Hi guys,
I just sold part of my SaaS. Currently have 750k USD in my new LLC in Citibank US.
What would you guys do with that amount in terms of investment? Mid-High risk high returns?
Would love to hear from you guys? Also if you have some interesting biz ops would love to talk 1on1.

Cheers.
hi,

I will invest 30% in pharmaceutical company (regarding new PCR test for endométriose) and 30% in the new company who will make CO2 tax in Europe, for the rest I will try to have a loan and buy some property and rent it.

hi,

I will invest 30% in pharmaceutical company (regarding new PCR test for endométriose) and 30% in the new company who will make CO2 tax in Europe, for the rest I will try to have a loan and buy some property and rent it.

Sorry, you are aware that you are investing in scams, right? The WEF created and peddled a climate scam to impose new taxes (carbon taxes) and build a tracking and control system for business and people - ESG 'social credit' system for companies and Social Credit System for the masses. They don't care about the planet. You don't believe that more money/taxes = better the planets, do you?

Don’t build infrastructure, don’t grow food… Suicidal plan to de-industrialize and de-agriculture at the same time. What’s the plan… live in caves?

Reactions: jafo
Sorry, you are aware that you are investing in scams, right? The WEF created and peddled a climate scam to impose new taxes (carbon taxes) and build a tracking and control system for business and people - ESG 'social credit' system for companies and Social Credit System for the masses. They don't care about the planet. You don't believe that more money/taxes = better the planets, do you?

Don’t build infrastructure, don’t grow food… Suicidal plan to de-industrialize and de-agriculture at the same time. What’s the plan… live in caves?
The 15minutes city.

Currently in Bulgaria, many people choose to invest in wind energy, 2-3 MW wind turbines, as a hedge against inflation, because the returns are good (300-350k euro +/- per year).

Look at the African countries participating in the OBOR initiative sponsored by China. In my opinion, this economic cycle there will be money in Africa, I proceed from the fact that, firstly, there are very rare resources in Africa, and they will be increasingly necessary for the "green" electronic future, secondly, look at what happened to the countries in which American banks invested in the last 30 years. I expect the same to happen to African countries where the Chinese Bank for International Development has a hand.

I personally mainly stick with the best performing asset of the decade - Bitcoin :)
Are they better than wind turbines elsewhere in the world?

Because all I hear is they don't work half the time, don't produce energy when it's too windy, and only last a few years before they're condemned.

Reactions: jafo
I think it is. People tend to exaggerate the skills of VCs or alfa investing. Over time, broad market investing is second only to personal growth / entrepreneurship in cumulative ROI, and I don't know if OP expressed any interested in running their own business.
OP made $750k by selling his own business, so he should know something about running/evaluating a business.
We all know that index investing is good.

Sorry, you are aware that you are investing in scams, right?
Scams, including ponzis, are some of the top performing investments, but you need to time your entry and exit carefully.

Are they better than wind turbines elsewhere in the world?

Because all I hear is they don't work half the time, don't produce energy when it's too windy, and only last a few years before they're condemned.
Yes, you got it right. A lot depends on the point, geographically. If the turbines are located near the sea, you have almost constant wind gust, of course there are days when they don't work due to no or low wind, but it also depends on what kind of turbine you have, some models work even with minimal wind, own mechanisms of drive. I know a wind turbine owner and he told me that for the past year one of his 3.2MW wind turbines made 350k euros, keep in mind that this is a turbine with a good location. Some people buy used turbines/second hand, it comes out cheaper, it's all about luck there, if you come across a good turbine you get a quick return on your money, and everything above is a good profit.

I'm not a big fan of "green" energy because realistically no developing economy can grow with that type of limited energy source.

Yes, you got it right. A lot depends on the point, geographically. If the turbines are located near the sea, you have almost constant wind gust, of course there are days when they don't work due to no or low wind, but it also depends on what kind of turbine you have, some models work even with minimal wind, own mechanisms of drive. I know a wind turbine owner and he told me that for the past year one of his 3.2MW wind turbines made 350k euros, keep in mind that this is a turbine with a good location. Some people buy used turbines/second hand, it comes out cheaper, it's all about luck there, if you come across a good turbine you get a quick return on your money, and everything above is a good profit.

I'm not a big fan of "green" energy because realistically no developing economy can grow with that type of limited energy source.
What return are Bulgarian investors seeing on them? Are they buying a share of a turbine?

I invested in a solar panel thing a while ago on a complete whim just to see what it was all about. Sun Exchange.

I know a wind turbine owner and he told me that for the past year one of his 3.2MW wind turbines made 350k euros, keep in mind that this is a turbine with a good location.
Is it really worth it for a private investor? I mean if my numbers are right a turbine costs more than 2MM so you make 17% return in one of the best years. Stocks etc. have about a return of 7%.
One other risk is that, EU is trying to get their money back though excess return tax. So he might be forced to pay a part back or go to court.

To be honest on one hand it is very interesting. On the other hand it sounds like a business for the big guys (companies) which have the expertise and have the economics of scale.

Hi All,
New member here but interested in this thread so thought I would pitch my first post. I have read most of the replies to this question but the ones that really spark my interest are the renewable energy replies. Most people seem to favour solar or wind turbines. A few years ago I looked into Biomass generators. Although the UK government guarantee for purchase of the electricity stopped a few years ago it seems to me that with the rising prices of energy throughout Europe creating energy by whichever means (apart from Russian gas or Oil) is a good idea and one that will continue to give you a good ROI at least in the short term if not longer. Biomass that can consume "waste" is a double whammy as you can profit from the water disposal and then the energy production. Small biomass generators linked to the grid can be run with very few overheads and produce good returns.

Hi guys,

Cheers.
Are you looking to grow the money, or looking for income? I have some things that I have invested in that may interest you.

Realize that green energy costs per KwH come down by 15/20% every year, given some time it will be cheap enough for developing and third-world countries too.

Latest Threads