Our valued sponsor

Which bank to use for Business transaction with exotic countries (Africa, Latam, Asia)

jakonda

Member Plus
Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to know which bank do you use or have information are willing to do transactions to and from African countries such as CF, DRC, etc. ? Afrasia bank from Mauritius looks like a decent, reputable bank with experience dealing with African counter parties, what about RAW bank, any other banks I should check and consider thanks? Unfortunately, BCCI and Nugan Hand Bank are closed :)

Reactions: uplana
Hi,

I would like to know which bank do you use or have information are willing to do transactions to and from African countries such as CF, DRC, etc. ? Afrasia bank from Mauritius looks like a decent, reputable bank with experience dealing with African counter parties, what about RAW bank, any other banks I should check and consider thanks? Unfortunately, BCCI and Nugan Hand Bank are closed :)
I'm in the process of opening an account with standard bank in Mauritius, heard nothing but positive experiences with them, so maybe try it out and see for yourself.

Reactions: Forester and uplana
Depends on what you do.

For Africa, look into Ecobank, Standard Bank, Barclays, Soc Gen, Standard Chartered, and Citibank.

For Asia, the market is even more fragmented but you have banks like HSBC, Standard Chartered, Citibank, and of course the Chinese big banks present in multiple territories.

For LatAm, it varies a lot by country and what you want to do. Citibank, Santander, Itau, BBVA, HSBC, and Scotiabank are some international banks with wide coverage.

But you may find it preferable to work with smaller local banks in each country.

Reactions: uplana and Forester

Latest Threads