Our valued sponsor

Question Why does Fidor Bank has such a bad rating on TrustPilot ?

I emailed Fidor Bank more than 10 days ago and they still haven't responded me lol .. I guess that's why ?
Yes - that's why.

They are one of the worst German Banks for local German clients compared to other retail banks in terms of support.

As you can see 95% of the reviews are in German language because there main clients are based in Germany and if you compare Fidor to other German Banks you will find one of the worst customer supports ever.

Customer Support for a full Online Bank is one of the most important things.

For me it seems they have simply not enough stuff but already since 2017 in the last Crypto Bullmarket.

They are simply overrun by there Main Clients:

Personal Account: Crypto Investors
Business Account: Account opening without "SCHUFA Check"

They are till today the only German Bank that really pro-actively claims to be crypto-friendly and is working with Kraken/Bitcoinde as well as the only German Bank that onboards Company Accounts for legal entities without performing a "SCHUFA" check - so if youa are running a Business in Germany with a negative "SCHUFA" entry - Fidor is your only option to get a Business Bank Account.

So they have some very unique points but running on low support since forever.

Never had any issues with them back in the days with the banking itself -no matter if personal or business bank account.

Reactions: flashbang
Yes - that's why.

They are one of the worst German Banks for local German clients compared to other retail banks in terms of support.

As you can see 95% of the reviews are in German language because there main clients are based in Germany and if you compare Fidor to other German Banks you will find one of the worst customer supports ever.

Customer Support for a full Online Bank is one of the most important things.

For me it seems they have simply not enough stuff but already since 2017 in the last Crypto Bullmarket.

They are simply overrun by there Main Clients:

Personal Account: Crypto Investors
Business Account: Account opening without "SCHUFA Check"

They are till today the only German Bank that really pro-actively claims to be crypto-friendly and is working with Kraken/Bitcoinde as well as the only German Bank that onboards Company Accounts for legal entities without performing a "SCHUFA" check - so if youa are running a Business in Germany with a negative "SCHUFA" entry - Fidor is your only option to get a Business Bank Account.

So they have some very unique points but running on low support since forever.

Never had any issues with them back in the days with the banking itself -no matter if personal or business bank account.

According to your experience, how likely is that they will flag my personal account for transferring €110k there from my own Wise account ? :p

I know I'll need the SOF documents once I've been flagged ... I am just asking is it like 100% sure that they will flag me ?
- and if they will, how long will it take to get unlocked if I have the appropriate documents with me ?!

Their support is very unresponsive and that is why this is very concerning......

Last edited:
According to your experience, how likely is that they will flag my personal account for transferring €110k there from my own Wise account ? :p

I know I'll need the SOF documents once I've been flagged ... I am just asking is it like 100% sure that they will flag me ?
- and if they will, how long will it take to get unlocked if I have the appropriate documents with me ?!

Their support is very unresponsive and that is why this is very concerning......
with 110kEUR you are already out of the range from there average targeted clients and therefore expect a horrible support as well as getting flagged for such amounts sooner then later.

I used them back in the days with a 6 figure German Business with only German originated income - never received questions but that's already 5 years ago.

Reactions: flashbang

Latest Threads