Our valued sponsor

Why is Seychelles better of BVI company?

We have actually published some information about this topic here: Why Seychelles? - Blogs - Offshore Company Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmo
I didn't see that, I have read that:

1. The registry has no record of who owns the IBCs registered here.
2. The Seychelles Company Formation agents are not required to, (nor allowed to), hand over ownership information to anyone.

3. If a foreign government wanted to find out who owns a particular company they would need to firstly make an application to the Seychelles Supreme Court

4. The Court would only hear the application if evidence were tendered to it upfront of serious criminal activity in connection with a particular company eg drug trafficking, money laundering, criminal tax evasion, terrorist activities.
Is the same for BVI or not?

Actually, if you have a look at the published article at the link I posted above you will see that the Seychelles has a higher level of privacy and is cheaper compared to a BVI, we don't want to talk down a BVI company incorporation, but simply not recommend it any longer because it has nothing to offer what a Seychelles company don't have.

HansClass said:
I can't see how Seychelles company can be better than BVI Company sorry, do you have other "facts" ?
It all comes down to the level of privacy and anonymity further to the prupose of the company, once jurisdiction will not fit all.

All the countries with which your country has signed a TIEA should be a No Go for you if Privacy and Anonymity for your Offshore company and banking matters.

You may want to use the search facility here on the forum before you post a question that has been asked thousand of times ;) TIEA = Tax Information Exchange Agreement which is very bad for you if privacy and tax matters :)

TIEA = Tax Information Exchange Agreement which is very bad for you if privacy and tax matters
That's correct, watch for countries who didn't signed any TIEA or at least not that many or only a few and which for obvious reasons not have signed any TIEA with your country.

What is the purpose in your case to incorporate all these offshore companies if I may ask?