Our valued sponsor

Will payment processing company know if..

jerrymack

Mar 27, 2019
Visit site
Will the payment processing company know if I accept payment on a different website? Let's say they know about site A but I use the same gateway to accept payments on site B. This is through a woocommerce setup. All the funds would be going into the same bank account which is fine.

Will they be alerted in any way about this?

There is currently no automatic way for the processor to know the URL, other than the host name of the server which submits the request to the processor. With some creative use of redirects or frames, you can hide yourself. So you will probably get away with it for as long as no customer complains and files a chargeback. The chargeback will very likely contain the URL where the customer paid for the services.

What you're proposing is very common and there are many cases of it working. As long as you manage to avoid chargebacks, chances are it will work.

Also make sure that the transaction profiles are a close enough match between your cover business and the actual business. If you're trying to hide for example pharma subscriptions behind a furniture store, the transaction profile won't line up and there is a risk someone will start looking into what you're doing and demand proof that you sell furniture.

It only takes one chargeback / dispute and they will know what it is you are doing. But good luck if you think you can cheat the processor, the banking network and Visa / MC - it is 2020 not 2000 !

Reactions: jerrymack
They won't know until some chargebacks come into the scene. If your clients know that you are doing that and they are OK being charged by another company then maybe your clients won't be upset but if they don't know and they see that a different company charged them they might start a dispute. There are some providers that actually allow businesses to have custom statements descriptors so users never know that was another company who actually charged them.

I know some users won't be happy because some months ago we had an issue in one of our servers and we charged a group of customers with the wrong descriptor and they started complaining, we needed to explained them that we were the same business.

Reactions: jerrymack
In my case, this scheme works ~10 days with a stripe. Then they block my account and hold money. Both websites with woocommerce . My clients never charge, but the stripe sees me. I'm already tired of this

In my case, this scheme works ~10 days with a stripe. Then they block my account and hold money. Both websites with woocommerce . My clients never charge, but the stripe sees me. I'm already tired of this

Can you tell how the integrations were placed? That way other users in the forum don’t make the same mistakes.

For example: did you use a normal gateway plugin in the stores? If that’s true then is easy for Stripe to know where the gateway is being used since they tokenize the credit card when they are in the website and Stripe gets the site url in that moment.

There are others examples but that’s probably the easiest way for them to know what is going on (I think it’s even easier than chargebacks)

I use the black / white website scheme for processing payments. My main products are SARMs, nootropics. I tell to clients to pay an invoice from email from a white website and I send explanations by email. Everything goes smoothly until the stripe blocks the account. My customers are always very loyal. This scheme is acceptable for this business. I already broke several individual accounts and 1 corporate. All broke after about 7-10 days. At one time, I had success with a corporate account. It lasted 2.5 months successfully. Then it stopped, not because of stripe, but for my reasons. After that, I tried to repeat this with a new corporate account, but the stripe blocked it after 9 days.
I used WP white store witn stripe gateway plugin

what do you mean new hardware id ?
I think it means the unique set of codes of every hardware of a computer, that is all the unique public data they can see from you (browser id, audio port ids, OS) Not all companies have technology to do this properly but can happen. I just use a virtual machine if I want fresh OS and hardware data

It only takes one chargeback / dispute and they will know what it is you are doing. But good luck if you think you can cheat the processor, the banking network and Visa / MC - it is 2020 not 2000 !

You are referring to a chargeback/dispute that is answered by the merchant, right? If the merchant doesnt answer the claim they dont have to know about the parallel website structure.???