Our valued sponsor

Will there be a problem?

It depends on who your clients are. Larger corporations will have checks in place that prevent them from doing business with tax evaders and, even for smaller businesses, it can raise questions if they make payments to an offshore company.

It's not impossible, but you're introducing unnecessary headache. Let's also keep in mind that it's 2020, going on 2021, and this type of tax evasion is at high risk of backfiring, especially if you're resident in a wealthy and developed country.

There’s a high risk that your customer would have issues during an audit and they might not even be able to deduct your invoices as an expense.
Even if your client goes along with it, imagine the situation during an audit: “So you paid $20k to this BVI company, what was this for?”
“Oh, that was just for David’s services, he comes to our office twice a week to fix our servers. He lives just down the street.”

Depending on where your clients are based, they may not want to do business with you at all, either because they don’t condone tax evasion or because they are afraid of being complicit/bad press. They may have compliance departments that check such things before even signing a contract with you.

If it’s a pure online business that only sells B2C, something like the BVI might work, but otherwise, you should probably find a more reputable jurisdiction.

It depends on who your clients are. Larger corporations will have checks in place that prevent them from doing business with tax evaders and, even for smaller businesses, it can raise questions if they make payments to an offshore company.

It's not impossible, but you're introducing unnecessary headache. Let's also keep in mind that it's 2020, going on 2021, and this type of tax evasion is at high risk of backfiring, especially if you're resident in a wealthy and developed country.
So can't I make money with an overseas company? what should I do? How do I pay tax with a free tax offshore company?

So can't I make money with an overseas company?

That completely depends on your customers and kind of business. Many people may not feel comfortable doing business with a typical offshore tax haven company.

what should I do?

Incorporate in a jurisdiction with better reputation if you want to play it safe.

How do I pay tax with a free tax offshore company?

You can register it in your home country, but I guess that would defeat the purpose. ;)

Reactions: Haapoma
It completely depends on your clients.
But even if they don’t care, they might face issues having your invoice accepted during an audit - and at that point, everybody cares.
true, but on the other hand, if you can show evidence, email conversation etc. to your tax office you may be fine.

true, but on the other hand, if you can show evidence, email conversation etc. to your tax office you may be fine.

It completely depends on where your client is located. There are countries where you can be held accountable if someone you bought services from didn’t pay their taxes.
You probably won’t want your clients to end up having to answer questions, so I would recommend to play it safe. Unless you have a very large customer base where you don’t care if one customer faces trouble during an audit and terminates the contract. But of course it’s a lot of if’s. Maybe none of your clients will ever face an audit, or if they do, maybe the auditor won’t care. In the end you just have to decide for yourself.

I am doing besides my ventures, IT Consulting and it all depends on your clients. Three of my clients are in the logistics and shipping sector, they are used to companies all over the world,. However if you are targeting small businesses or some more conservative sectors like banking etc. an pure offshore company might be not suitable.

There’s a high risk that your customer would have issues during an audit and they might not even be able to deduct your invoices as an expense.
Even if your client goes along with it, imagine the situation during an audit: “So you paid $20k to this BVI company, what was this for?”
“Oh, that was just for David’s services, he comes to our office twice a week to fix our servers. He lives just down the street.”

Depending on where your clients are based, they may not want to do business with you at all, either because they don’t condone tax evasion or because they are afraid of being complicit/bad press. They may have compliance departments that check such things before even signing a contract with you.

If it’s a pure online business that only sells B2C, something like the BVI might work, but otherwise, you should probably find a more reputable jurisdiction.
For tax problems,

Let's say I register a BVI/Marshall Island Offshore company with nominee director + shareholder setup.
Then I applied 3rd party payment gateway for my B2C website.
And Then I move money with company EMI and exchange cryptos and transfer to another private wallet.
so no taxes, no audit for this offshore company.

1) Do you think this kind of tax evasion will become a problem?
2) Will there be problem for the 3rd party payment gateway doing business with this setup/trouble so they stop business?

Thank You.

Reactions: FFLC
No it will not work, the payment processor and the EMI will report you at the latest of the end of the year. Personal tax will apply in that case.
In this case will they report the nominee or me? and Personal tax for nominee or me? How would home country knows how much tax I need to pay when the money send to my anonymous crypto wallets, and there is no audit required?

So is it the only legit way to move money, is to register a company in home country then invoice the BVI company, and pay the home country taxes?

Last edited:
In this case will they report the nominee or me? and Personal tax for nominee or me?
It will be you, if you do some Google search on this forum: site:eek:ffshorecorptalk.com crs reporting you can find lots of information about this topic.

Anyway, the nominee as it used to be will not protect you from the tax office. You will have to pay local personal income tax from your corporate earnings if you don't set this correct up.

Best is either to join mentor group and learn some basic or you consult a tax advisor.