Our valued sponsor

Wio Bank officially launches in UAE

Do they provide multi-currency account account or only AED?
Only AED.

However it's at least something while there was earlier nothing - they have of course low risk appetite and it's more a bit of an EMI kind of acting from there side - the whole outgoing transfers are made through Wise - so it's equal to Bunq for example.

1% flat + FX for outgoing comes heavy especially when having some decent volume.

Only AED.

However it's at least something while there was earlier nothing - they have of course low risk appetite and it's more a bit of an EMI kind of acting from there side - the whole outgoing transfers are made through Wise - so it's equal to Bunq for example.

1% flat + FX for outgoing comes heavy especially when having some decent volume.
Im not sure how low their risk apetite is - I opened a Gold Trading activity with them without a single question asked, where other banks said no from the off

Reactions: sonato
Exactly - that's the case - CITIBANK is the AED IN correspondence and for outgoing SWIFT they use WISE.

It's not fully fledged Bank but for some Guys well they don't have any other option.
Yes, I walked in City branch in UAE and they tried to explain me how their foreign currency thing works - and it made absolutely no sense.

So, if Wio uses City - than it's goof for AED only (and will mostly be useful to mainland companies)

Yes, I walked in City branch in UAE and they tried to explain me how their foreign currency thing works - and it made absolutely no sense.

So, if Wio uses City - than it's goof for AED only (and will mostly be useful to mainland companies)
Again - it's AED IN International with the downside of auto conversion like @JackAlabama said - it's not only local AED within UAE.

For those of you who are still wondering about Wio multi currency accounts, it’s coming in 2023
0E79EF3B-F6F3-44F2-9F10-ADB3D170E59E.png

They did increase immediately the Compliance together with the USD Account introducing which of course just make sense as they now have to go through a US based USD Correspondence Bank.

See below to get an idea what I'm talking about.

WIO USD COMPLIANCE.jpg

No you have to run this through E-Mail because cool and fancy Wio Bank has to run Compliance same like every other Bank.

Taking this into consideration there are better options out there as of now.