Our valued sponsor

Wio Bank officially launches in UAE

Do they provide multi-currency account account or only AED?
Only AED.

However it's at least something while there was earlier nothing - they have of course low risk appetite and it's more a bit of an EMI kind of acting from there side - the whole outgoing transfers are made through Wise - so it's equal to Bunq for example.

1% flat + FX for outgoing comes heavy especially when having some decent volume.

Only AED.

However it's at least something while there was earlier nothing - they have of course low risk appetite and it's more a bit of an EMI kind of acting from there side - the whole outgoing transfers are made through Wise - so it's equal to Bunq for example.

1% flat + FX for outgoing comes heavy especially when having some decent volume.
Im not sure how low their risk apetite is - I opened a Gold Trading activity with them without a single question asked, where other banks said no from the off

Reactions: sonato
Exactly - that's the case - CITIBANK is the AED IN correspondence and for outgoing SWIFT they use WISE.

It's not fully fledged Bank but for some Guys well they don't have any other option.
Yes, I walked in City branch in UAE and they tried to explain me how their foreign currency thing works - and it made absolutely no sense.

So, if Wio uses City - than it's goof for AED only (and will mostly be useful to mainland companies)

Yes, I walked in City branch in UAE and they tried to explain me how their foreign currency thing works - and it made absolutely no sense.

So, if Wio uses City - than it's goof for AED only (and will mostly be useful to mainland companies)
Again - it's AED IN International with the downside of auto conversion like @JackAlabama said - it's not only local AED within UAE.

For those of you who are still wondering about Wio multi currency accounts, it’s coming in 2023
0E79EF3B-F6F3-44F2-9F10-ADB3D170E59E.png

They did increase immediately the Compliance together with the USD Account introducing which of course just make sense as they now have to go through a US based USD Correspondence Bank.

See below to get an idea what I'm talking about.

WIO USD COMPLIANCE.jpg

No you have to run this through E-Mail because cool and fancy Wio Bank has to run Compliance same like every other Bank.

Taking this into consideration there are better options out there as of now.

Latest Threads