Our valued sponsor

Wirex getting strict (source of funds)

As nobody seems to have posted it, here it's their message from a week ago:

We may need a little more info from you, xxx.

We recently updated our risk and KYC (know-your-customer) policies to help keep Wirex as safe as possible. As a result, you might be asked to provide some additional documentation on your Source of Funds (SoF). Please be aware that access to your account may be restricted while we verify these documents, but don’t worry – this is a temporary measure.​

If prompted, you will need to provide appropriate SoF information. Examples include:​

• Payslips or Tax Statements dated within the last 3 months with supporting bank statement showing credits
  • Bank/ Savings Statement NOT Credit Card Statements (screenshots acceptable and must state your full name and account number)
  • Proof of Inheritance (copy of a testament or letter from executor or lawyer)
The full list of documents that constitute acceptable SoF data is available here. Please rest assured that your funds are unaffected and completely secure during this process – and that access to your account will be restored once we have verified the necessary information.​

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to read our Source of Funds FAQs or get in touch with the Support Team.​

Second mail(problems accessing accounts):

An update on your account access

We recently informed you about some updates we made to our risk and KYC (know-your-customer) policies. These updates required additional documentation, such as Source of Funds (SoF) information, to be verified.

Unfortunately, these checks led to a number of customers experiencing difficulties accessing their accounts.
We want to sincerely apologise for the situation and assure you that your funds are unaffected and completely secure. We are currently working hard to lift any restrictions still in place so that you can regain full access to your account.
While we may still need to verify customers’ SoF information, this will be done in-app when prompted and should not result in access to your account being restricted.
You can find further information in our Source of Funds FAQs and Help Centre. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Support Team.

Third mail(I'm with them for at least 4 years):

Wirex - Account Verification Process​

Dear xxx,​
Congratulations, your account has been successfully verified!
You are now officially a member of the Wirex community and can take advantage of all the products and services we provide, including cryptocurrency purchases. Don't forget to link your existing debit/credit card to your Wirex account.​
For any questions, check out our Help Centre or contact support.​
Kind regards,​
The Wirex Team​

Fourth mail:

Important notice: additional information required​

Dear xxx,​
As you know, we are required by law to conduct compliance checks on new customers. This helps prevent fraud and ensures that Wirex is safe for everyone.​
As part of these checks, we need you to submit a Income information form. Please do so as a matter of urgency. If a Income information form is not provided within the next 30 days, we may be forced to reject your application and possibly decline future services from Wirex. And nobody wants that!​
If you have any questions, please contact support.​
Kind regards,​
The Wirex Team​

As someone also said in this forum, DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM
Actually I can't use my card as its blocked and I used it for less than 10k/year,
almost no withdrawals from atm, so they're truly bad.

Can anyone suggest how I can bypass this SOF request? I've no documents listed there as I'm totally unbanked

As nobody seems to have posted it, here it's their message from a week ago:

Second mail(problems accessing accounts):

Third mail(I'm with them for at least 4 years):

Fourth mail:

As someone also said in this forum, DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM
Actually I can't use my card as its blocked and I used it for less than 10k/year,
almost no withdrawals from atm, so they're truly bad.

Can anyone suggest how I can bypass this SOF request? I've no documents listed there as I'm totally unbanked
Don't use services from the eu. Try Binance card or just anything outside Eu.

Reactions: DerAufklaerer

Latest Threads