Our valued sponsor

Wise account for Cyprus company - waitlist

WorldFirst is good - been using it for over a year and very good experience
you can't do USD transfer with them?
I'm a long-time customer (around six years), with both my personal and US company accounts on Wise. I tried to add my new company (CY Limited) and I've been put on the waitlist...
that's the problem right now and if you read above it won't going to work for transfers incoming.

I'm a long-time customer (around six years), with both my personal and US company accounts on Wise. I tried to add my new company (CY Limited) and I've been put on the waitlist...
that sucks... I was hoping it was possible to apply for an account with a cyprus company.

No
Hei folks, has there been any update on this? Has Wise unlocked business accounts for cy companies? If not, what alternatives are there (considering that wise is by far the best EMI)? Can Revolut be used for this?
no wise and no revoult accounts for cy company. I have been on waitlist for both emi since October. waitlist is a bulls**t I think they just do not doing it no more.

Hey. Any updates on this or good alternatives to Wise/Revolut for setting up corporate account mostly doing consulting work.
Have you tried wamo account for your business. It has a really nice customer support and if your documents uploaded you have a business account in minutes. If that's work for your, you can have GBP and EUR accounts, make SEPA payments and SWIFT as well. they also provide debit card physical and virtual. I highly suggest wamo.

Both Wise and Revolut suck globally, not only for CY companies. And there are good EMI/bank alternatives, for CY companies too – what is the right one, depends on the use-case. In various threads here Offshore Bank Accounts & EMI Accounts it is possible to find a lot of suggestions... (Aion, Bunq, Blackcatcard, Wamo, Intergiro, Currenxie, Statrys, Neat, etc. /this sequence being random/)

Last edited:
Frankly: I do not have a personal experience. I did not hear anything bad. Wamo is an EMD agent of PayrNet, that is solid. But better to ask more: I have noticed that you started a special thread re: Wamo; it is a good way to go.

they are a EMI that can be trusted like any other EMI!
Well, IMO, the trustworthiness of different EMI's really differ – more or less. Cf. (as examples) Wise, Advcash, Intergiro, Paysera, Aion (yes, not exactly an EMI).

What is wrong with Wise
Closing the (especially business) accounts without any warning or notice, without any reasonable explanation and freezing the cash for undefined time (evt. search here at forums). But, AFAIK, nobody lost the money, finally they return it to the owner (of course even freezing your cash for some months can ruin your issues perfectly).
They are ghosts (seriously – just a shell), no one is able to reach out to them or put pressure on them to do something, if something goes wrong.

Bottom line:
It does not mean that both cannot be usable:
If you regularly send to Wise a small part of your salary and then occassionally transfer some not a big amount to your poor uncle abroad and use their card on your summer holiday travel, you will probably be happy with them.
Also, if you use Advcash account for your crypto magic being aware of fact that everything can disappear like vapor and behaving accordingly, you can be happy, too.

Closing the (especially business) accounts without any warning or notice, without any reasonable explanation and freezing the cash for undefined time (evt. search here at forums). But, AFAIK, nobody lost the money, finally they return it to the owner (of course even freezing your cash for some months can ruin your issues perfectly).
most often the close accounts like that if you don't have informed them about the real business activity.

Latest Threads