Our valued sponsor

Wise spending limits!

pesto

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Jan 30, 2011
Spain
Visit site
Yesterday I was in a store to buy me a new iphone. The card got rejected, the amount was 1200 euro. I went to an ATM to withdraw 1000 euro in cash to pay for the phone. It worked just fine.

Why did my card got rejected in the store while I 5 minutes later was able to withdraw 1000 euro in cash?

Reactions: JohnLocke
Yesterday I was in a store to buy me a new iphone. The card got rejected, the amount was 1200 euro. I went to an ATM to withdraw 1000 euro in cash to pay for the phone. It worked just fine.

Why did my card got rejected in the store while I 5 minutes later was able to withdraw 1000 euro in cash?
All pointers look to POS/instore merchant limits on the card, hence the payment amount via the store was inaccessible, the cash access via the ATM was on the daily cashout card parameters...
the card limits could be lifted by the issuer.

Yeah check setting in app like Sols said.

P.S Contactless max is £500 a transaction and chip and pin £2,500 a transaction, But if you used chip and pin check limit is set right in the app as sometimes it can be low.

Chip and pin is 10K GBP for business card... just tried works.

Thats interesting, As 10k is what they claim on the website but when you look in app it is not so rea#44!. It is 2,500.

But they do write:

"Different limits apply to different businesses, based on the region where they're registered." :rolleyes:

Wise personal card limits:

Wise business card limits:

yes I see that, none the less it is 10K - I have nothing to complain :)

1648358069467.png

Reactions: erni
Well I be damned all customers are not equal in Wise. I see 2,500 :confused:.

Latest Threads