Our valued sponsor

Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico, please tell me what's your choice?

What would be a foreign company? I'm forming a llc that will not operate within USA, I'm a foreigner and I don´t live there also, and still not qualify for "Foreign", almost the same setup thar @sdip mentioned. That's why i was asking-
Foreign company is an entity organized outside USA (Europe, Asia, Africa etc.).

If you incorporate in any State in USA, even if you do not do business in the USA, you are treated as a domestic company and should apply for EIN by fax or mail.

Reactions: Agrant and clemens
Lol. No, not at all. Service providers like IncFile usually offer to apply for the EIN for an additional $50 or so if you don’t want to send the fax yourself. An EIN is extremely easy to get, all it does is confirm that the company is correctly registered with the IRS. It is not a tax residency certificate. You can even get an EIN for foreign companies, such as if you want to sell on Amazon’s US website as a European company.

Lol. No, not at all. Service providers like IncFile usually offer to apply for the EIN for an additional $50 or so if you don’t want to send the fax yourself. An EIN is extremely easy to get, all it does is confirm that the company is correctly registered with the IRS. It is not a tax residency certificate. You can even get an EIN for foreign companies, such as if you want to sell on Amazon’s US website as a European company.
True, but you still need to fill SS4 Application form CORRECTLY. I have seen people do messy stuff with their application, so my recommendation is to hire a professional.

As for the call, of course you do not need to call. IRS will mail/fax original letter to your mailing address indiciated on the SS4 form. Calling them can get you the number a few days faster over the phone, but you will still have to wait for the original confirmation to arrive to your address.

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
True, but you still need to fill SS4 Application form CORRECTLY. I have seen people do messy stuff with their application, so my recommendation is to hire a professional.

As for the call, of course you do not need to call. IRS will mail/fax original letter to your mailing address indiciated on the SS4 form. Calling them can get you the number a few days faster over the phone, but you will still have to wait for the original confirmation to arrive to your address.
It's not that difficult, I used this guide when I started my LLC time ago How to Apply for EIN (for your LLC) without an SSN or ITIN | LLC University®

Related to the conversation before... I'm a native Spanish speaker and I called yesterday that number and they said what I already thought: Foreign owned LLC's (an LLC stabled in the US by a non resident/citizen) can only get an EIN by fax or mail

It's not that difficult, I used this guide when I started my LLC time ago How to Apply for EIN (for your LLC) without an SSN or ITIN | LLC University®

Related to the conversation before... I'm a native Spanish speaker and I called yesterday that number and they said what I already thought: Foreign owned LLC's (an LLC stabled in the US by a non resident/citizen) can only get an EIN by fax or mail
then I was lucky, because they gave it to me without problems

Reactions: Agrant
FYI - You need more then the EIN number to get a bank account in the US - What would you need the EIN for, is there any service requesting it?

The IRS, to fill 5472 you need to have an EIN (I guess that's the main reason to have it)
okay make sense. But since you are able to setup a company in the USA as an foreigner then it should be possible to file accounts without the EIN or it should be something like the registration number you get automatically with the company registration?

Is it by the way the same for all states Delaware, Wyoming and New Mexico that the EIN is required?

okay make sense. But since you are able to setup a company in the USA as an foreigner then it should be possible to file accounts without the EIN or it should be something like the registration number you get automatically with the company registration?

Is it by the way the same for all states Delaware, Wyoming and New Mexico that the EIN is required?

Without an EIN you can't file form 5472 and that's a requirement for all foreign owned LLCs (without matter in which state they were formed).

Reactions: TacitusKilgore
I don't want to open yet another thread about usa llc.. so here's my question :

If I would open usa llc , and spend all earnings on legit expenses (no bulls**t ) then I wouldn't be required to pay any taxes to my home country (EU) ? As my profit would be 0$.

That would actually come in handy for me.. so if anyone had some info please share away..

Latest Threads