Our valued sponsor

Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico, please tell me what's your choice?

Why have an LLC if you can't use it?
True, but the main issue is getting a proper bank account for non-resident LLC. It is extremely difficult to get one apart from Transferwise. Mercury is taking way longer than usual and rejects majority of the application. If you go through Stripe atlas then you may recieve an approval from Mercury. But for a startup its difficult to get a US business account without visiting US.

How did you manage to use Stripe with Payoneer? Stripe has stopped working with Payoneer since Aug 2019. They are not allowing any Virtual Bank Accounts that doesn't have direct debit. This is again a reason Transferwise isn't working for Stripe US businesses for non residents. Stripe now requires US bank accounts with direct debit facility. Transferwise USD accounts with direct debit is only available for US residents.
About the Payoneer card, they send the card to the address mentioned in the PoA document.
Hello yes, I had not seen your message before ... I have not had any problem when linking stripe with payonner, from my side I tell you that, yes it is possible Screenshot

Reactions: sinos
I have been thinking about Delaware company formation.

So, as I understand it, I will need to apply for EIN after company formation and use this to open a bank account for the business.
It sounds like a gamble when people write about TW in relation to US LLC.

I live in Europe and i want a bank account for this company. Does anyone actually have some suggestions other than TW?

I have been thinking about Delaware company formation.

So, as I understand it, I will need to apply for EIN after company formation and use this to open a bank account for the business.
It sounds like a gamble when people write about TW in relation to US LLC.

I live in Europe and i want a bank account for this company. Does anyone actually have some suggestions other than TW?
Well you can consult with a lawyer or your incorp agent for remote bank account opening. Stripe atlas uses silicon valley bank. no idea how good they are but if it is game for transaction banking only it might be ok.
Also I do not know if you need to pay 35% to irs when sending money out of usa.

But if i only sell services/products to overseas customers, I don't have to pay any taxes in Delaware, right? If 100% of my customers are based outside of US, I can just transfer the money from the US bank account (linked to the LLC) and out, right?

But if i only sell services/products to overseas customers, I don't have to pay any taxes in Delaware, right? If 100% of my customers are based outside of US, I can just transfer the money from the US bank account (linked to the LLC) and out, right?
Delaware charges all June 1 300usd for the renewal of the LLC, New Mexico only pays 50USD when forming the LLC, and never again, find out this .. as a foreign resident you do not pay taxes in the IRS, bill people or not USA or abroad,

Hey bud, I'm from Argentina and I've been reading all the information I found online. I want get this done myself and save a few bucks.

So you created the LLC with one of the free services available (incfile, inauthority etc) , then you got the EIN yourself and you paid $35/year for the registered agent.

Did you get the Operating Agreement for free? (I think it is a must for bank accounts). It cost $89 on Incauthority for example.

Don't you mind if we exchange a few DM's? I'm a new member so I cannot contact you.
I just saw your message, what part of Argentina are you from? have you made any progress with this?

But aren't the chances of opening a bank account a bit higher with a Delaware LLC?
I understand that to open a bank account it does not matter the State where the LLC was created. My experience with Mercury, the account opening has been rejected, reason: in the last question it was your going to have business within the United States, my answer was NO, that was the reason, in that answer it has to be Yes, to Give the bank account, anyway, there are other alternatives according to the configuration useful for your business

I understand that to open a bank account it does not matter the State where the LLC was created. My experience with Mercury, the account opening has been rejected, reason: in the last question it was your going to have business within the United States, my answer was NO, that was the reason, in that answer it has to be Yes, to Give the bank account, anyway, there are other alternatives according to the configuration useful for your business

Can you name some of these configurations :) ?

I am willing to open a new LLC but only if it is possible to create a bank account that provides a card to withdraw cash from ATM.

Can you name some of these configurations :) ?

I am willing to open a new LLC but only if it is possible to create a bank account that provides a card to withdraw cash from ATM.
In my LLC I use Stripe as a payment gateway and to withdraw money I use payonner, they give me a bank account and a rechargeable mastercad card for withdrawals at ATMs, it has to see the commissions according to the country but I understand that they are an approximate of 6 dollars every 300 per ATM, but I can also associate your local bank to make a withdrawal so the options are several, you investigate your convenience
This is my configuration, it does not mean that it is useful for you, you can make the one that suits you, but having a bank account in the USA is not strictly necessary

I used the same agent as people in this thread for $35 and registered in New Mexico.
If you are a foreigner, fax and mailing are the only options you have to apply for an EIN. You can't do it online within minutes as Americans can. And you need to wait who knows how much because of the covid.

Okay, not bad I will have to check this company.

But aren't the chances of opening a bank account a bit higher with a Delaware LLC?
Why do you believe that it is easier to get a bank account for a Delaware company?

Latest Threads