What about company taxes in NM? I understood there are two kind: NM income corporate and federal, am I wrong?Hi @grey734 seen your message in my status, answering here.
This is a very short step-by-step to have a LLC with a working bank account.
First premise: I hold a EU passport, so I can’t guarantee it could work with other passports.
1) Got your New Mexico single member LLC (I use NEW MEXICO REGISTERED AGENT | $35 A YEAR cheap and reliable, very good service).
2) Rent a US number (I use Localphone.com, look for a number of NM)
3) you need a fax number (I use redfax.com like for the phone number pick a NM number)
4) Office: I use the office of a friend so I cannot help you very much here, but you NEED a REAL address (no PO Box)! You can eventually get a Regus office, take it for three months till you receive the debt card, or if you have some friend in the US use his/her address (can be a home address as well, no problem with that), or share the address with a fella that need a LLC or an address in the US.
5) web page: make a very credible business case, go to Fiverr and spend 300/350 for a good landing page with good graphic (chose web page designer with at least 20 reviews and from 4.8 to 5.0 stars, usually Indian or Pakistan devs are the best and relatively cheap, have a look at their portfolio and before even contacting them have ALL your texts ready for the page, including Business, How it works, What Customers Say, About Us, Contact). Very important a good About Us (put your LinkedIn link) and Contact pages with your office address (no the registrar address), phone and fax. It must look VERY professional, plan it in advance or ask for help in Fiverr, it will be your business card with the banks!
6) go to Brex and/or Mercury pages and answer PROFESIONALLY to all the questions related to your business filling the fields in perfect English; if asked why you incorporated in the US is because you have customer and/or providers in the US (they want to see some “substance” in the US).
Hope it will help you.
I will be the sole proprietorship and all business will run only with european companies. Nothing locally in US. LLC has no employees. I am not US citizen/resident.
And about dividends? how are they taxed in NM?