Our valued sponsor

Wyoming LLC vs Delaware LLC for a NRAlien app developer (Apple, Google)

I wonder how important is it that the Registered Agent is an actual attorney/lawyer?
Actually even though these "services" are looking like similar, cover different fields,

An agend is just helping you to register your company and is an official POC between you and governmental institutions. They help you with filling papers, give their address for registration but for sure will not help you in case of lawsuit etc.

Attorney/lawyer is able to help you with company registration, but most probably will not agree to be your registered agent, however may advice that you can be an agent your yourself (yup, it's possible).

Attorney/lawyer is able to help you with company registration, but most probably will not agree to be your registered agent, however may advice that you can be an agent your yourself (yup, it's possible).
I would take an agent that do the entire work for me rather than a lawyer that only can register the company. That said, it looks like Wyoming companies offer the most for the money and privacy.

The service I used for my New Mexico LLC are really good. Competent, on-the-ball registered agents with in-house lawyers. Wherever I phoned them, they picked up the phone. I'd like to use them for my Wyoming LLC but they cannot offer the actual address in Wyoming, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Regarding NM, I've been told the following by a lawyer working with a registered agent (they cover many states, so no particular reason to diss NM in favour of other states, I think)

The company is going to hold intellectual property and be the beneficial owner of the application.
New Mexico has a very specific “gross receipts” tax, which is imposed on the seller of good or provider of services and is assessed judging on property in the state of New Mexico that is engaged in some kind of business activity.
Given you are not a US resident, the state of New Mexico could make the claim that the company owns the applications, they are generating business, so you should be paying us 8% sales tax on all the revenue being derived from these applications. Unlikely, just “academically” possible.
Wyoming wouldn’t have this problem.

Simply speaking, does that apply for an average non US resident? The one who does a) consulting and possibly b) sells physical goods too.

His customers and business partners such as suppliers can, theoretically, be in any country including US.

The service I used for my New Mexico LLC are really good. Competent, on-the-ball registered agents with in-house lawyers. Wherever I phoned them, they picked up the phone. I'd like to use them for my Wyoming LLC but they cannot offer the actual address in Wyoming, which kinda defeats the purpose.
The information they gave you about the intellectual property held by NM LLC and getting taxed for 8% sales tax is probably wrong IMHO.

Simply speaking, does that apply for an average non US resident? The one who does a) consulting and possibly b) sells physical goods too.

His customers and business partners such as suppliers can, theoretically, be in any country including US.
Read the guide in my signature, it is not what you think.

the 8% reply is for @Asterion actually
Actually, I forgot to mention that I also am doing and plan to use my LLC for: SaaS, in-app purchases and the likes of. Does his situation then becomes similar to mine then?

Except that I don't strive for complete anynonimity, but the more - the better, of course.

Could 8% of NM be applied to me as well, if I decide to choose NM over WY?

Actually, I forgot to mention that I also am doing and plan to use my LLC for: SaaS, in-app purchases and the likes of. Does his situation then becomes similar to mine then?

Except that I don't strive for complete anynonimity, but the more - the better, of course.

Could 8% of NM be applied to me as well, if I decide to choose NM over WY?
disregard that 8% sales tax thing in NM. Am fairly certain that the lawyer gave wrong info or did not have the complete understanding on the question.

As for SaaS, try googling for "Treasury Cloud Transactions tax"

Latest Threads