Our valued sponsor

Wyoming VS New Mexico LLC What is better?

I have been using NEW MEXICO REGISTERED AGENT | $35 A YEAR but most of them are part of the same nationwide network of registered agent.
Some will provide limited mail forwarding included in the price, some will not. The job of a registered agent in the US is minimum, and I don't know if there are good or bad ones. That is definitely a service where I will go with the lowest bidder. Unless you are looking for additional services like virtual office or premium remailing, I wouldn't worry too much.
Agree with @Patrick846 - I have used the same provider and they are super easy to deal with. They did not need any ID from me, simply a name and address. Company formation was very quick and inexpensive.

Reactions: Zaki
What would be the tax burden of New Mexico LLC if you're non-resident, non-American foreigner living in overseas?
Income would be generated from an American company in another state.
Regardless of state, LLCs are normally treated as pass-through entities meaning the entity itself is not subject to tax. If you live in the US or have a US passport, you are subject to personal income tax instead. If you are a non-US citizen and non-US resident, there is typically no US tax owed.

Regardless of state, LLCs are normally treated as pass-through entities meaning the entity itself is not subject to tax. If you live in the US or have a US passport, you are subject to personal income tax instead. If you are a non-US citizen and non-US resident, there is typically no US tax owed.
Yes but you have to file 3 forms every year for the IRS. Failure to do so means penalty of $25,000 and over.

from what I read I still have to pay 30% tax for US sourced income, either it will be paid by the other party who is paying me as witholding tax or banks will do it in the name of IRS.

from what I read I still have to pay 30% tax for US sourced income, either it will be paid by the other party who is paying me as witholding tax or banks will do it in the name of IRS.
You need to pay that 30% only if you have significant presence in USA , menaing a person exclusively working for you , USA employees , your presence in USA etc.. if you are outside of USA and you are providing services , items or whatever outside of USA but sell to USA people . This is not considered USA sourced income.

Reactions: rothko13
You need to pay that 30% only if you have significant presence in USA , menaing a person exclusively working for you , USA employees , your presence in USA etc.. if you are outside of USA and you are providing services , items or whatever outside of USA but sell to USA people . This is not considered USA sourced income.

That sounds too good to be true?
Let's say my only income from an American company and income type is Affiliate (revenue share), but I'm living in overseas. In this case, if I open a bank account in US, does my bank take 30% withholding tax? If my bank account is not in the US but lets say in Singapore and I'm receiving money from US company to Singapore bank for NM LLC company, is there any difference?

Thank you.

Whenever I search for tax situation of US LLC companies, everybody says otherwise.
for example:

Because of that, I'd like to consider a more expensive Ontario LP/LLP to avoid audit/accounting and tax liability but then I don't even know if I can open a bank account for non-corporation kind of company (LP or LLP in this case) either in the USA or Canada or Singapore.

Here is another article to read.
I am also considering Belize IBC/Hong Kong Ltd to be sole owner of Wyoming LLC but after reading this article I have doubts about the tax benefits etc.

It is confusing because several of the "nomad advisors" with no financial background advertise certain schemes and when you read a US CPA contradicting them it makes you doubt everyone.

Reactions: curiousmarv
Bank account "location" makes no difference. You can receive money from a US company to a US bank account (i.e. Mercury) for a NM/DE/WY LLC and you still won't be liable for US taxes as long as you don't have an office in the USA.
if instead I will have only a physical address also to open a bank account in america this + considered as taxable?
on the net I have not seen a list of register agents, an official list of the government, can anyone tell me where to find it?

Reactions: JohnLocke
New Mexico is cheaper (registered agent $35/year and $50 to open an LLC with no yearly filing fee). Wyoming has much better asset protection (charging order as sole remedy) but will cost $50 a year to maintain + around $50/y for a registered agent. Both of them have great anonymity.
Which agent did you use, can I have their website please?

I have been using NEW MEXICO REGISTERED AGENT | $35 A YEAR but most of them are part of the same nationwide network of registered agent.
Some will provide limited mail forwarding included in the price, some will not. The job of a registered agent in the US is minimum, and I don't know if there are good or bad ones. That is definitely a service where I will go with the lowest bidder. Unless you are looking for additional services like virtual office or premium remailing, I wouldn't worry too much.
Hi I want to use this agent, can I have their details/website?

Bank account "location" makes no difference. You can receive money from a US company to a US bank account (i.e. Mercury) for a NM/DE/WY LLC and you still won't be liable for US taxes as long as you don't have an office in the USA.
I heard that it is almost impossible to get a Bank-Account for an US-Company outside the USA due FACTA. Sure you can get a Bank-Account in the USA theoretically but these Banks like to decline a LLC as well when the Partner/Director/Founder of the company is a foreigner and does not live in the US or I misunderstood something?

@mickey that is exactly what I have seen too. BUT we have forum users around here at OffshoreCorpTalk that claim it is well possible to travel to the USA walk into a bank with your KYC documents AND your incorporation documents for the company and open an account.

So far there have only be doubtful reports back here that it actually works.

(whereas FACTA is for allowing consumers to obtain credit reports)
Do you want to elaborate a little more, I get a little confused about what you mean.. not your fault my fault.

Latest Threads