Our valued sponsor

2020 Financial Tyranny in Serbia and Serbian Debit Card Providers

4br

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
QUESTION:

Does anyone know any debit card providers that may work in Serbia? I have been told Payoneer will probably do them. Though I am recommending a contact switches to payment in Bitcoin, which they sell P2P for cash.

I have an employee in Serbia and know a few other people who are paid from abroad there.

Serbia has long been a country with issues getting money in and out of the country. I was even blocked from sending money to a Serbian bank account by now collapsed dodgy-BVI-based, Russian-owned EMI okpay.com.

The government is also not just corrupt, but stupid. The President is further many the biggest pawn for anyone who can buy him currently in office anywhere in the world.

There are a lot of people who earn money online in Serbia, as well as many working itinerantly in countries like Germany and Austria.

Recently the government has decided to have a crackdown on the widespread non-payment of taxation of this money. It's not really clear what they want to do, but there are reports that people will have to pay 50% tax on everything, with no threshold. Others are saying there will be up to 80% payable, retroactively.

From SerbianMonitor.com

Although it is not yet clear to freelancers how will the Tax Administration calculate their foreign income tax, the Administration states that the penalties are clear and range from 5,000 dinars up to 10 years in prison plus a fine.

Reactions: clemens and lory
Thank you for this nice information about Serbia. If you are able to get a Payoneer account somehow then you will have to try it. As you said not many financial institutions will allow transfers in and out if it's about Serbia.

Try to contact AdvCash, they may have a solution for you that can work.

Reactions: 4br
Payoneer (master card).
Paysera (visa card).
maybe neteller/skrill, they are the same company (virtual card not a physical one)
Maybe advcash (don't know If they will give a virtual or physical card for a Serbian national though)

Reactions: 4br
Does anyone know any debit card providers that may work in Serbia? I have been told Payoneer will probably do them. Though I am recommending a contact switches to payment in Bitcoin, which they sell P2P for cash.
did you asked them if they do, if so, what did they say?

Serbia may be a good place for hidden money but at the same time difficult to get an account there without traveling.

Asked who?

I noted that Revoult have Serbian dinars in their app. Seems they might offer cards there.
not bad as a solution for people looking for an account in Serbia which may be more reliable then banks there.

Well, this will break like any other decision of the Serbian government, a day after a thousand people protest of freelancers the president responded to freelancers saying that the decision was not good and that they will try to ease it. Wait til more and more freelancers gather up in Belgrade, they'll break extremely fast.

But Payoneer works, many things do work. It's not like Serbia is North Korea, it's a normal country with a crazy government.

But Payoneer works, many things do work. It's not like Serbia is North Korea, it's a normal country with a crazy government.
You suggest a Payoneer account with a company registered in Serbia?

not bad as a solution for people looking for an account in Serbia which may be more reliable then banks there.
You can only buy and hold or spend Serbian dinars in Revolut. This is useful for to avoid the fact that Revolut charges you extra for converting currency at weekends, as you could buy the dinars you need for the weekend on a Friday. It doesn't serve much other purpose that I can see. But there is no way to deposit Serbian dinars you already have in Revolut, and they do not issue cards to Serbia.