Our valued sponsor

Anonymous company 2020

lavel

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold
Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Can we get some information on the table / thread please! What is the solution to get a anonymous company for privacy reason rather then tax reasons?

Would like to know if you really think Wyoming LLC is the only option lefte beside using DARKS like they describe in the mentor group?
I spoke with a consultancy firm in the USA they confirmed that there is no public shareholders shown online, but from the reading here it sounds like this is not true :oops:

I spoke with a consultancy firm in the USA they confirmed that there is no public shareholders shown online, but from the reading here it sounds like this is not true :oops:
It's important you ask the right questions. LLC are corporations are subject to different disclosures.

Many states such as Wyoming, Delaware, New Mexico, and many more do not have public register of members and/or managers of LLCs. You can think of members as shareholders and managers as directors, although they aren't entirely equivalent.

Shareholders and/or directors of S Corps and C Corps are generally disclosed.

Reactions: Spinat and clemens
Thanks @Sols so, can we get one specific line to what Wyoming corp or Delaware corp we should ask for to avoid members and managers to be disclosed?
If you ask a US firm about "corp", they will think you mean C Corp or, less likely, S Corp which are different types of legal entities than LLC.

S Corps are only for US residents, so we can ignore them for now.

If you want to raise money, form a C Corp and so in Delaware. No anonymity can be expected, without using nominees. C Corps are taxable entities, although with accounting magic it's possible to reduce this quite a lot. US tax law is extremely complicated.

If you want to form an entity that offers the flexibility of a partnership with the limitation of liability of a company, form an LLC. LLCs are normally treated as tax transparent, meaning the entity itself owes no tax and it falls on the members and/or managers to pay personal income tax on whatever they receive through the company.

Many states have very limited disclosure when it comes to LLC but states like Wyoming, Delaware, New Mexico, and Nevada are the most popular.

Great information @Sols - to maker it short:

We all want a LLC in either Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico if privacy matters. It is ultra cheap to setup a company there and you don't need to pay taxes in the USA if you are foreign member and manager.

Is that basically what it is about?

Reactions: clemens
We all want a LLC in either Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico if privacy matters. It is ultra cheap to setup a company there and you don't need to pay taxes in the USA if you are foreign member and manager.

Is that basically what it is about?
Yes, that's an accurate summary.

Once you start talking about "corp" or using the term "company" loosely, there is a risk of miscommunication and you run into what can be perceived as conflicting information due to differences in terminology in the US.

Reactions: Spinat
Great suddenly some information we can use directly with new setups thu&¤#

I don't remember exactly, but isn't there an issue with yearly filings that must include the director shareholders information? So although there is no public register of owners these filings are public?

*please note I may be completely wrong here or confusing with somewhere else, but can remember something like this for supposedly privacy US jurisdictions

I don't remember exactly, but isn't there an issue with yearly filings that must include the director shareholders information? So although there is no public register of owners these filings are public?

*please note I may be completely wrong here or confusing with somewhere else, but can remember something like this for supposedly privacy US jurisdictions
C Corps and S Corps have directors and shareholders, for whom privacy is generally limited (especially directors).

LLCs have managers and members, for whom privacy exists to varying degrees — generally high in the states mentioned.

One thing to look out for is the annual return, where in the case of for example Wyoming the submitting manager's name would appear on record unless you use a nominee service. Fortunately, it's very easy and common to use your registered agent as a nominee to fulfill that duty.

LLCs have managers and members, for whom privacy exists to varying degrees — generally high in the states mentioned.
great, so there will be no problem. I have made a short update in the mentor group about something I figured out while I got a New Mexico company setup yesterday, it's awesome. Thanks for the hints @Sols thu&¤# thu&¤# thu&¤#

Reactions: boomy and aage

Latest Threads