Our valued sponsor

Any BANKERA feedback?

Reactions: Btraveler
Did Bankera have a recent change in AML policies or something?
There is a bunch of angry reviews on TP:
Doesn't look like paid reviews, any first-hand experience from fellow forum members?
They just refused to provide my a business account after 3 months of requesting docs which i provided all of them. Completely useless. Sadly Gediminas never replied to my email after they refused opening an account, they are just looking for your opening fee.

Reactions: Jane DoeR
They just refused to provide my a business account after 3 months of requesting docs which i provided all of them. Completely useless. Sadly Gediminas never replied to my email after they refused opening an account, they are just looking for your opening fee.

I don't think this is the case. If you wanted to make 200 EUR, I can think of better ways than spending three months requesting documents.

I don't remember there being any actual reports of anyone having an account with Bankera. Since I now have one I will provide details.

It took a very long time to open the account. Part of this was because I changed my company from being based in an very low reputation jurisdiction to a high one. They also took a long time to resume account opening over Christmas. The KYC is quite heavy, but this comes with the territory of Lithuania / The EU. It would have been better if they and other companies requested a bunch of documents at the beginning, rather than spreading it over such a long time. Their on-boarding agent was very knowledgeable.

I approached @Gediminas to help open the account. The reason being I was based in a low-trust jurisdiction and may hopes of getting an account for a piece of Caribbean paper was not high. I probably would not have approached him if I was based where I now am. Anyway, he obviously has a connection with them closer than some guy who makes in money by filling in forms. He also said he could speed the process up for extra money. I didn't deal with him much, but have no complaints and he was always very quick to respond.

On the Bankera account. It's an EMI in Euros only. They seem to be open to people from more or less any country and are crypto-friendly. Lithuania in general seems to be a major hub for crypto in Europe. They also have cards, but are only available for EEA/UK. The fees on the card are not to bad.

The web interface is simple. There is not much you can do beyond look at your transfers and make a new one. By the looks of it you have your own genuine IBAN and your name is the beneficiary name on outward wires. As I have had funds credited to somewhere that only credits when your account name matches the beneficiary name.

Money comes in and out of the account quickly.

They have a good support chat, which always seems to be instantly available.

The only issue I have is with logging in. I had my old number on the account and it sent a login OTP by SMS. No problems. But with my new number (different country) I can't receive SMS from Bankera. They do prompt for a phone call instead, which works sometimes, but you have to wait for two minutes. Waiting for my number to be changed back.

I am using the account for buying crypto for my company, rather than holding depreciating fiat. So it acts as an intermediary between my main accounts and exchanges, saving from any of them having a fit and shutting me down, causing serious headaches. The worst that can happen now is I can't by crypto from my company accounts.

Details:

Passport - near the top of The Henley Passport Index
Business - conventional, based in a trusted jurisdiction

Reactions: Gediminas
The only issue I have is with logging in. I had my old number on the account and it sent a login OTP by SMS. No problems. But with my new number (different country) I can't receive SMS from Bankera. They do prompt for a phone call instead, which works sometimes, but you have to wait for two minutes. Waiting for my number to be changed back.

Soon they are going to implement 2FA in their app, so this SMS issue will be finally resolved.

Reactions: 4br
heads up: Bankera isn't really suitable for all type of crypto activity, I just received confirmation from the onboarding team that isn't acceptable to use it to receive the proceeds from P2P trading (e.g Binance P2P).

I'm exploring to use the Business account but meanwhile, my funds are locked because I misunderstood the 1,000 EUR limit (I thought that the limit was only for incoming transfers to the account).

P.D: maybe @Gediminas can help me with the process? :)

Reactions: Gediminas
heads up: Bankera isn't really suitable for all type of crypto activity, I just received confirmation from the onboarding team that isn't acceptable to use it to receive the proceeds from P2P trading (e.g Binance P2P).

I'm exploring to use the Business account but meanwhile, my funds are locked because I misunderstood the 1,000 EUR limit (I thought that the limit was only for incoming transfers to the account).

Sure, happy to help. Will pm you.

I have the same problem with money locked and submitted for level 3 verification but i am very worried because all says that take long time and need to send soon for pay some things. Please let me know how much time take to you and hope @Gediminas can help me. Thanks

So Bankera can't be used to receive SEPA payments from Binance at all?
What do they call 'crypto friendly' then???!!
That's astounding

Reactions: Btraveler
I can confirm that you can send money to 3rd parties and receive from 3rd parties at Bankera. You can also receive money from crypto exchanges (Bitstamp, Binance, Kraken etc.). The issue was here person was using p2p platofrm. He received payment not from exchange, but he received from other person , did active trading with other persons as commercial activity. It's other thing.

Reactions: Leandritus
I can confirm that you can send money to 3rd parties and receive from 3rd parties at Bankera. You can also receive money from crypto exchanges (Bitstamp, Binance, Kraken etc.). The issue was here person was using p2p platofrm. He received payment not from exchange, but he received from other person , did active trading with other persons as commercial activity. It's other thing.

That's 100% true.

BTW, this commercial activity (selling to others via p2p) isn't allowed even having a Business account.

Yes but do you know how much time takes for complete verification tier 3 in Bankera? With that level you can send more than 1000 Eur by month / year but if not you are very limited.

Latest Threads