Our valued sponsor

Any Experience of Georgia Bills for KYC?

khinkali

Pro Member
Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
I am hoping that someone here has experience getting bills with name and address in Tbilisi for foreign crypto exchange and EMI KYC.

Some people say that BoG bank statements are better than TBC. Others say that you can get a better statement (with address and transactions) with TBC Status.

I've heard people say that Internet provider bills are OK. I was about to sign up with Silknet but someone else said their bills aren't good enough.

Has anyone here managed to get bills or statements that are sufficient for KYC purposes?

Automated bank account statements in Georgia only contain your name. Automated transactional receipts of a bank contain your name + (under certain circumstances) your Personal Number. The reason for this rather odd procedure is the fact that Georgia operates by the principle of "legal address". Whereby the "legal address" rarely is the place where the person lives.
If you do not have the infamous Personal Number it is impossible to get any sort of document from authorities, with one exception: Register with Revenue Service, apply for a tax certificate! Both the tax registration document as well as the Tax Certificate of Residence include your address.
Usually documents for KYC purposes should not be older than three to six months (depends on jurisdiction). So, if you plan carefully that should work.

Anything else what you will get from private companies is useless for KYC because of the principle of "legal address" (see above).

Last edited:
@Bagpacker yes the notion of address is a bit different. Also with no routine postal service you don't get the typical statements that you get in Europe. It's just awkward when you've lived somewhere for almost 3 years, only spent one weekend away in all that time and can't prove where you live. :)

I'm going to visit TBC next week to ask if I can get a better letter.

If anyone has a bill from Silknet or similar, please tell us what info is on it.

lived somewhere for almost 3 years, only spent one weekend away in all that time and can't prove where you live.
How did you do this without any sort of residence permit? Did you do this by using the "pandemic extension"??
Note that the current regime is unlikely to be extended again. It means that by 30-June-2021 everybody who uses the pandemic extension will have to leave the country.
A visa-run à la Thai should be possible but it requires planning given awkward flight offerings and closed land-borders.

Visa hops are happening and I've seen reports from individuals who took a day trip to Istanbul and back with PCR tests. I think that both the day trip destination and your citizenship need to be on the list. My citizenships are likely to be OK for different reasons.

I'm in two minds: visa hop now and hope that vaccination opens to non-permanent resident non-citizens, or do a month in USA or somewhere.

The appetite for lockdowns and inhibiting tourism has waned in Georgia. The Minister of Economy today announced that land borders should open "in the next few weeks".

I think that both the day trip destination and your citizenship need to be on the list.
Indeed, that's the case! A day trip to Istanbul on a Swiss passport would be admissible from a Georgian perspective. A day trip to Serbia on the very same passport would not work, simply because Serbia is currently not on the list of admissible countries. Only exception: You already received the full course of any COVID-19 vaccine.
I'm in two minds: visa hop now and hope that vaccination opens to non-permanent resident non-citizens, or do a month in USA or somewhere.
Plan your visa hop first. May be a two or three days in a good hotel in Istanbul - day trips are too much stress ;-) .
Thereafter you can plan a separate trip to the US for late summer. You will have more flight offerings with better prices and less stress. With a bit of luck there may be another country a bit closer by which offers a vaccine until then. Russia is/was planning to give Sputnik V in the transit area of SVO -> Outbound transit through SVO = 1. jab, Inbound transit through SVO = 2. jab .
Note: Georgia only does what their "European partners" are doing. As long as the European Union does not open vaccination to residents and citizens alike, Georgia will not lift a finger to vaccinate non-permanent residents!
The appetite for lockdowns and inhibiting tourism has waned in Georgia.
As soon as their is only a remote chance that the Indian variant gets a hold in the country, they will immediately start a new lockdown. Understand: There will be no significant number of tourists this summer. Nobody spends his holiday in a country were a 09:00PM to 05:00AM curfew has become a permanent institution. This years summer season won't be any better than the one of last year.
The Minister of Economy today announced that land borders should open "in the next few weeks".
Armenia did it long ago. Georgia would have fared much better to follow the Armenian example. Nevertheless, I do not see them opening land-borders before 30-June-2021. So, a quick Marshrutka ride to Yerevan won't do the trick.
Happy We Like To Party GIF by Vengaboys

It is disappointing to see that so many countries that seemed so capitalist and free compared to Western Nations (e.g., Panama and Georgia) went into full asstard mode during the pandemic and ignored the science.

It seems that there is no escape from the insanity, because of big banking and big pharma's influence on the world's governments. Perhaps there is some hope for Armenia, Mexico, Brazil, and a few other nations. But Mexico and Brazil are very corrupt in their own way.

Attachments

• asstard.jpg
    asstard.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 59

Latest Threads