Our valued sponsor

Question Any experience raising capital into UAE offshore company?

Stan

Feb 24, 2022
Russia
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I have not been able to identify a same question, so I take a risk starting a thread.

One of the possible reasons to set up a company for me is to raise small Angel/Seed investments into my [med-tech] startup.

Is there anyone with experience of the same practice in UAE offshore and were you able to benefit from UAE offshore structuring? Or did potential angels/investors turn such company down as intransparent? or were there other issues?

Thanks

Hello everyone,
I have not been able to identify a same question, so I take a risk starting a thread.

One of the possible reasons to set up a company for me is to raise small Angel/Seed investments into my [med-tech] startup.

Is there anyone with experience of the same practice in UAE offshore and were you able to benefit from UAE offshore structuring? Or did potential angels/investors turn such company down as intransparent? or were there other issues?

Thanks
With everything it depends on your investors and if they can trust you and how your metrics look like.

Mostly, investors especially if you a) don't know them b) do not have impressive numbers/metrics to show want to be close to you and ideally have you nearby to breathe down your neck.

Put yourself in the investors seat. Would you give money to some remote Vanuatu company just having put up a website and business plan with the aim to take over and "disrupt" industry xyz while you live in lets say Spain?

If you already have good metrics and can choose from several investors, they are much more lenient of fancy structuring.

At the minimum, you also happen to live in UAE if you need/must/want to have a UAE corp. But then again, it is mostly you and the execution of you of your idea (and trust therein) they will invest in and not into the paper (aka corp structure).

Thank you for your comment. I agree of course, that financials and team/product strength should be the key factors for investor confidence.

However, when I speak to potential investors and advisors and they compare Delawar or Singapore vs UAE offshore, I hear, that UAE is not a preferrable place, though taxes may look more attractive in UAE in fact.

For that reason I wonder, if there are any recent examples of raising Seed/Round A grade investments to UAE offshore (not freezone) companies. And if you find UAE offshore companies suitable to concentrate and protect IP.