Our valued sponsor

Anyone got EIN recently? How long does it take?

To be fair, you have to get the Premium package that costs $180 to get it in 1 day. This guy signs up as a representative agent to your LLC with a US address and can therefore go to IRS website and apply online. Online applications get their EIN immediately. After the EIN was granted, he sends a letter back to the IRS to take himself out of the representative agent status. I did it, it works like a charm.

How is this possible? I paid $400 to firstbase.io and they say EIN would take 20-30 business days. And this guy is getting EIN for $15 in 1 day? WTF?
something looks fishy!

If someone really got his in 2 days then they must be good connected or something!

We do it in 7-8 business days legally. The ones who advertise that they can do it in one day are doing it illegally. They use an american to be the Responsible Party. Some banks might notice that, some won't. And you need to file another form to change it back to your name which itself takes 30-60 days

We do it in 7-8 business days legally. The ones who advertise that they can do it in one day are doing it illegally. They use an american to be the Responsible Party. Some banks might notice that, some won't. And you need to file another form to change it back to your name which itself takes 30-60 days
How would you know that the name has been changed back? I have a friend that had exactly the problem that an American was used as responsible party and his tax consultant then filed another form to fix this issue, but he never got a confirmation from the IRS that the name was changed back.

How would you know that the name has been changed back? I have a friend that had exactly the problem that an American was used as responsible party and his tax consultant then filed another form to fix this issue, but he never got a confirmation from the IRS that the name was changed back.
This question would be better asked to the original consultant who helped him change the Responsible Party.

Hello!
I have opened my Wyoming LLC this year, in February. I'm a bit late with getting the EIN. I believe I have until February to obtain it.

I guess my options are:

1 - Do it myself:
Pros: cheap and secretive (I'm nearly done with the SS4 form)
Cons: more risk compared to using a professional, I'd have to figure out some virtual fax service and the like.
Any further, recent experiences of the process taking a handful of weeks rather than a handful of months? What @gnud seems promising

2 - Use a reputable service that will take 2-3 weeks (I understand they shouldn't act as my responsible party)
I know Startfleetio do it but at $400 seems a bit much as I'm not in a mad rush.
These guys ask $179

What would you do?

Thanks