Our valued sponsor

Apple App Store + Single-member US LLC (Foreign owned)

Junker

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I'm owner of single-member US LLC (disregarded entity), i'm not US citizen and have never been in the US.
I have mobile app business and i have a problem with submitting my apps to Apple App Store, they require tax form W-9.
I wrote to support about I'm not U.S. person, i cannot submit W-9, i want to submit W-8BEN, they answered:
You provided a US legal entity with an address in the US therefore you are required to complete a W9. The only way to change to W8 is if you change your address to a NON US legal entity address.

So, is it possible to work with Apple when have foreign owned single-member US LLC?
What i should do? any advices?

Reactions: Thoramaz
Have you looked a virtual office in the state of incorporation?

I have LLCs in different parts of the USA and as what they term a "non-resident alien" I found getting a virtual office with a lease was the solution. I have one with an EIN, and one without an EIN.

I have virtual office in Wyoming already, i used that address for getting D-U-N-S number and register in Apple.
The whole point of having SM LLC in the US is not pay taxes in the US. If i will be "US resident", i will have to pay taxes in the US.

If i will submit W-9 to Apple when I'm not "U.S. person" what negative consequences can be?

W-9 is only for US nationals.

This is what I do, and I have had it checked as completely OK:

1) Wyoming LLC with EIN
2) UK Ltd co in the same name, with full bank account and merchant facilities

This is how I trade:
1) Do all marketing and outgoing work through the LLC
2) Bill everything through the UK Ltd as its "billing agent". Pay Corporation Tax etc when it's due

I am currently setting up AMZ and eBay in the same way.

Navigating the Apple App Store with a single-member US LLC (foreign-owned) showcases the global reach of innovation. Ensure compliance with tax and legal requirements, leveraging the opportunities that Apple's ecosystem provides. The intersection of technology and international business exemplifies the diversity and richness of the app development landscape. Success awaits.

Netixone, who is the shareholder and director of UK Ltd company? Is it the Wyoming LLC? Can you explain what is the rationale of having the Wyoming LLC if everything is going through the UK Ltd? FM Whatsapp Download
Regarding the setup with a Wyoming LLC and a UK Ltd, it's possible the structure offers certain legal, tax, or operational advantages. Consultation with a financial advisor or legal expert would provide detailed insights.