Our valued sponsor

Are there easily available financials for non-Lithuanian EMIs and PIs, e.g., in Switzerland, the UK, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, etc. ?

jafo

Mentor Group Gold Premium
May 13, 2022
Earth
Visit site
I'm opening a new thread on the advice of a respected member of this community...

@Sols wrote this: Is Finci a mess for everybody or I'm being unlucky?

With emphasis on this part of the comment:
As with all EMIs and PIs in Lithuania, you can check their financials every quarter on https://www.lb.lt/en/pi-performance-indicators

I then asked this question:
With emphasis on this part:
Do these types of lists exist for other EMIs and PIs, e.g., in Switzerland, the UK, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, France etc., etc.???

So, the question is:

Are there lists or databases listing financials for all the EMIs and PIs, e.g., in Switzerland, the UK, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, France, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ilke and JohnLocke
I have yet to come across anything as detailed or nuanced as Lithuania. Usually all we're left with are broad statistics.

IIRC, the Danish and Latvian FSAs used to issue pretty informative figures. But it seems their mandate to issue such statistics ended years ago and there's nothing recent.

In some countries (UK, Sweden), you can get company P&L figures quite easily online. Others are more complicated.

Reactions: jafo
It would be useful to have a register of EMIs like they have in Latvia; it surprises me that this hasn't been introduced a long time ago, given that EMIs/Neobanks are no longer a new phenomenon.

Reactions: Marketint and jafo
I think the main problem is that many EMI do not operate a bank themselves but rely in other banks, sometimes through Currency Cloud etc. In other words, they may be completely unregulated themselves.
If they are unregulated, they cannot be considered EMIs. They can be FinTech companies that legally operate without a license because they directly issue through another licensed institution, EMD Agents (usually UK), or institution Partners.

Licensed EMIs also often choose to go for solutions like Currency Cloud or Solaris. This allows them to, for example, issue cards when they are not yet authorised by Visa / Mastercard, or to send local payments, or even to actually offer any sort of IBANs / accounts when they are not yet connected to SEPA / SWIFT rails (through correspondents, CENTROlink, central bank).

Reactions: jafo and Forester
If they are unregulated, they cannot be considered EMIs. They can be FinTech companies that legally operate without a license because they directly issue through another licensed institution, EMD Agents (usually UK), or institution Partners.
In Switzerland, there is a list for EMIs and another one for FinTech companies:

However, there are many players which are on either list. Neon, Kaspar&, Amnis to name a few. They offer accounts through regulated financial institutions. I do not know how you call them, I won't call them FinTech here as they do not hold such a licence in Switzerland.

• Love
Reactions: jafo

However, there are many players which are on either list. Neon, Kaspar&, Amnis to name a few. They offer accounts through regulated financial institutions. I do not know how you call them, I won't call them FinTech here as they do not hold such a licence in Switzerland.
Well, if we were talking just about pure list of EMIs & co., not about the list/access to their financials, then it would be much easier: E.g. in the EU there is a general register of licences: EUCLID - Register. (And there are another ways, too; it was discussed here several times.)

(BTW, Amnis is properly licensed in LI, they possess the licence since 2021 – see the register above).

Last edited:

Well, if we were talking just about pure list of EMIs & co., not about the list/access to their financials, then it would be much easier: E.g. in the EU there is a general register of licences: EUCLID - Register. (And there are another ways, too; it was discussed here several times.)

(BTW, Amnis is properly licensed in LI, they possess the licence since 2021 – see the register above).
*NOW*, we are cooking on the outer layer of the Sun's atmosphere, in the corona ⁽ᴰᶦˢᵃᵐᵇᶦᵍᵘᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ⁾, which has temperatures that can reach millions of degrees Celsius. ;)

Thank you both VERY MUCH for sharing these links! They cover more than 50% of the solution I was seeking! hap¤#"

PS. ⁽ᴰᶦˢᵃᵐᵇᶦᵍᵘᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ⁾ = Not the Capitalized Scamdemic trigger word "Corona" smi(&%

Reactions: Forester and ilke

Latest Threads