Our valued sponsor

Question Bank Account opening in my situation

Naleii

Feb 4, 2022
Naleii
Visit site
Hi,

I need to open a bank account (no EMI) remotely, where its possible to open a account without traveling to that country.
My Tax number is from dominican republic, and so my address. And that is my problem. I need a bank account with IBAN.

Do you know any bank, that accepts / opens bank accounts remotely for dominican republic residents?

I'm self employed, and for now, I just need to be able to receive below 10.000€ per month, without getting freezed or asked for more documents. (That's why I do not want any EMI.)

Of course I can also change my residential address (to a virtual rented one in any country) but not sure if the bank will like that. If they figure out its just a virtual address, they might freeze the account, and ask for further documents.
Regarding documents, all I have is a proof of address, tax number certificate, and that's it. Yet I have no business registration document and no tax return, as my business started 4 month ago - and that's what I'm afraid of (that my money gets blocked due to lack of these documents.)

Do you have any good experience with any bank, that you could recommend me in my situation?

Is it a bank only or will EMI also work for you?

Banks are going to ask you about supporting documents, just like an EMI. Banks and EMIs are subject to the same KYC/AML laws, and both need to know your source of funds. Especially if you live in a high risk jurisdiction like Dominican Republic.

Surely if you're getting paid thousands of EUR per month, you have invoices and agreements in place. You don't have to have a company necessarily, but you must be able to prove that the funds have a legitimate source.

10,000 EUR per month is a good living in Dominican Republic but not exciting for most banks relative to the perceived risk, especially if your earnings are in any way derived from anything high risk. You can try Barclays International, Lloyds International, CIM, and Mano, but I'd say your chances of success are very slim unless you can sweeten the deal with a 50-100,000 EUR deposit.

I think I can provide another domical address, in the EU.
But still I can not find any bank where I can open remotely, and where it's not required to put 20k+ or more into the account.

Do you know banks, where I can open a account as foreigner, remotely?

You could try Dukascopy (bank), Bankera (EMI), MisterTango (EMI) or maybe also iCard (EMI).

I think all of them accepts non-EU residents.

But I think all of them can provide you a debit card to an EU address only.

Be careful with MisterTango and iCard! Do some research on this forum first.