Our valued sponsor

Bank account opening in USA for USA company (the ubo is UK resident), who can help?

Have you tried with Mercury bank ?

You don’t need anyone’s help for opening an account. Mercury is fine, or you have to go in person and open with any high street bank.
If your volumes are interesting BMO Harris in Chicago might also work.

Reactions: jafo
I am not sure if Mercury is a good option anymore, at least if you want to keep your Sole Proprietorship LLC status.

You can check these two posts where people are complaining about new Mercury bank requests:

Mercury is asking to sign documents that will make you pay taxes within USA:

Mercury force you to have sales within the USA:

How much he take to open me an account in BOA,

You could probably open an account in BOA yourself if you're willing to travel to the US.
If you don't want to fly to the US, just contact James Baker. You can schedule an appointment with one of his representatives for free. You can do that from the website, or via a link in the description below one of his YouTube videos (he has a channel.)

Reactions: Alexmorgan
Should be ITIN with me?
Yes, today I called Bank of America, Wells Fargo and PNC bank and they all said ITIN is mandatory in order to open a business bank account. Visiting the branch in person is a must as non us resident due to regulations, unless you are opening your bank account through an account in a different country for example citibank UK

If you are interested my friend got an ITIN with this gig in 1 month (not advertising):

Reactions: WasabiTman
With traditional banks, if they ask you to come in person to open the account, you know they are going to ask you to also come in person for all kind of issues, like oh yeah, your international transfer is on hold, please visit a branch... This is a pain if you live in the US, and even more so if you have a long flight to get to the US.

Back in the early 2000s before EMIs existed, I ditched my traditional bank, and opened an account with a niche bank that was online only, with no branch offices. Over 20 years later, Im still a happy customer, it's so great to know that everything can be sorted out online from anywhere in the world. EMIs have the same upside.

With traditional banks, if they ask you to come in person to open the account, you know they are going to ask you to also come in person for all kind of issues, like oh yeah, your international transfer is on hold, please visit a branch... This is a pain if you live in the US, and even more so if you have a long flight to get to the US.

Back in the early 2000s before EMIs existed, I ditched my traditional bank, and opened an account with a niche bank that was online only, with no branch offices. Over 20 years later, Im still a happy customer, it's so great to know that everything can be sorted out online from anywhere in the world. EMIs have the same upside.

Im still happy with mercury until now

Moving 7 figures saved there and 7 to 8 figures in and out yearly

But im going to a huge project that 7 figures will be daily which mercury cant handle but regular stone age banks can

Yes Mercury is what all banks in US should be but we are not in heaven they cant handle a huge activity besides they are draging us into being taxed like US person with form W-9

But im going to a huge project that 7 figures will be daily which mercury cant handle but regular stone age banks can
Can you negotiate with mercury about that new business? I mean if you like them and it works well for you it may be worth to enter into a discussion with them about new business opportunities.

Can you negotiate with mercury about that new business? I mean if you like them and it works well for you it may be worth to enter into a discussion with them about new business opportunities.

They are depending on another banks for their banking service which is medium size bank like Choice banks and Evolve & Trust bank

Unless they do like Brex and partner with JP Morgan for big money move clients

Latest Threads