Our valued sponsor

bank account options for Russian personality (current situation)

JohnnyDoe,
it ends up with utility bill or in machiavellian cases with address confirmation from registration office. I had this experience with Via Buy, I even got the card to a friend of mine address in Bulgaria.

Did I get it wrong and a bank will accept any address?

I know about Kazahstan, I will open second account there.
Banks don’t check and don’t have a way to check. They take what you feed them with at prima facie value, as long as it looks legit.
Then they close your account for no reason but that’s a different story… and a good reason to start again with a new identity.

Reactions: Mark Yvon
As per the latest EU sanctions, financial institutions (banks, EMIs, PIs) in EU can only open accounts for Russians who are permanent residents in EU. Effectively, this means most will now ask to see your blue card or other valid EU residence permit in order to open an account in EU, EEA, or Switzerland.

So showing a falsified Bulgarian utility bill isn't just fraud (and potential money laundering), it might also be pointless unless you back it up with a falsified EU residence permit. I hope you don't value your money too highly as the repercussions if you're caught can range from long-lasting freezing of funds or simply returning them to the origin. It's playing with fire, and completely unnecessary since you have decent options in for example Kazakhstan.

Reactions: CyprusLaw
I 've found this service in some russian telegram channel. I have not tried it, may be it's some kind of scam, but it looks really useful.
in addition, I've heard it's ok to open bank Account in Uzbekistan and Armenia

I 've found this service in some russian telegram channel. I have not tried it, may be it's some kind of scam, but it looks really useful.
Nice, but verification today is almost always conducted live. You need to have an actual passport in your hands. Fortunately there are places where you can buy good quality documents.

Nice, but verification today is almost always conducted live. You need to have an actual passport in your hands. Fortunately there are places where you can buy good quality documents.
When i passed KYC one month back it was like photo of documents and video of my face (without holding passport), so technically it could work.
And i ve heard that some EMIs are not that picky, so KYC could be very simple (on other hand they can lock your account more easily i assume).

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
When i passed KYC one month back it was like photo of documents and video of my face (without holding passport), so technically it could work.
And i ve heard that some EMIs are not that picky, so KYC could be very simple (on other hand they can lock your account more easily i assume).
Nice, but we should expect all financial institutions to improve their checks soon.
Yesterday I went through a live verification for a new account and the lady on the other end of the video asked me to tilt the passport to verify its “security features”: with that she meant that she wanted to see the holograms rof/% (about $0.05 each in China)

Reactions: MaxFS
So if you're a temporary resident of EU as a Russian, you can't open a bank account in EU? Really?
Last I read the sanctions (they are publicly available online), there was a limit of 100,000 EUR. So it might be possible to open a bank account with a temporary residence permit but you would be limited to a balance of no more than 100,000 EUR.

Sanctions might have tightened since then. Even if not, most banks are probably not going to take the time to open a low-value account for a temporary resident from a country that's being hit with sanction after sanction.

Latest Threads