Our valued sponsor

Bank for Seychelles IBC

Leomor

May 10, 2018
Visit site
Please recommend a bank for Seychelles IBC that can open an account remotely.
The main (and only) activity is stock trading own funds via Interactive Brokers.
I am interested in both EU and non-EU banks with reasonable fees.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Have you looked into Cyprus banks? or EMI's like Revolut, Mister Tango, AdvCahs etc?

Have you looked into Cyprus banks? or EMI's like Revolut, Mister Tango, AdvCahs etc?

I am going to open an account with LeuPay and/or MisterTango, but I am scared by the stories that EMI's are notorious for blocking the accounts. And I need to make payments for up to 30K.

Cyprus - also looking at.

But I wanted to get ideas about non-EU banks where one can open an account remotely and with reasonable fees.

Try Euro Pacific Bank, they are like most offshore banks, expensive and not easy to open accounts with.

The banks I had in mind don't accept Ukrainian clients :-(

Try Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Georgia
Can you mention some banks and maybe some details if it is possible for remote account opening or if they require personal visit or what else you may know?

Georgia and Kazakhstan require personal visit. I don't think Ukraine nationality will be an issue but Ukraine+Seychelles = rejection

Reactions: JohnLocke
Georgia and Kazakhstan require personal visit. I don't think Ukraine nationality will be an issue but Ukraine+Seychelles = rejection
Why is it so - Ukraine not an issue / Seychelles not an issue - Ukraine+Seychelles - big issue?
Is there a regulation, silent regulation or smth?
Is Russia+Seychelles same?

And then, what do you think about re-domiciliation? Or what other options I have?

Yes there is sanctions on Russian controlled Ukraine (Crimea) as you know. Some banks have taken the decision to blacklist the whole of Ukraine rather than dig out google map and find which part you live in. It is that simple. Some banks however rightly classify Ukraine as gray listed and hence examine on a case by case basis if it is worth the money for them.

Russia+Seychelles= rejection

Wealthy Russian businessmen buy second passports for this reason and many live outside Russia in UK and elsewhere to get around the issue. However they still have problems in 2018 with Russia-phobia

Yes there is sanctions on Russian controlled Ukraine (Crimea) as you know. Some banks have taken the decision to blacklist the whole of Ukraine rather than dig out google map and find which part you live in. It is that simple. Some banks however rightly classify Ukraine as gray listed and hence examine on a case by case basis if it is worth the money for them.

Russia+Seychelles= rejection

Wealthy Russian businessmen buy second passports for this reason and many live outside Russia in UK and elsewhere to get around the issue. However they still have problems in 2018 with Russia-phobia
Thanks!
If it was Seychelles+Ukraine citizen/EU resident - would you recommend any banks?
(EuroPac, e.g., asks both residency and citizenship, and denies Ukraine in any of the two...)
I can make the case, however, would need to deal with CRS and higher taxes

If it was Seychelles+Ukraine citizen/EU resident - would you recommend any banks?

Ukraine+EU Residency no problem. Adding a Seychelles would be hit and miss. There is many people with EU residency and nationality who have an issue to open an account for Seychelles company.